BF3 Sound Problems

just got this today and am running it through my 5.1 system via optical cable and changed settings to home cinema in the game settings. problem im having is that so far on the first lvl i cant hear anything when Doc Holliday is talking to the squad. i can only tell hes talking from the subtitles. is this a problem for anyone else as im sure i had the same problem with the last Battlefield.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bump

Is your disc OK and not scratched? Have you installed the game on your hard-drive? Have you cleared your cache? Restart your console.

disk is fine, only thing i installed was graphics patch

Have you gone though the audio options on the game to make sure the game is outputting to 5.1.....never know, try switching the modes and see if it switches up

have done mate, changed half way into the first lvl so may try again later from the start

if the game has the option for DTS, try turning that off... some decoders have issues with DTS on some games?

worth a try

Did I imagine reading somewhere about war tapes or something similar sounding, I haven't got a clue whether it affects the sound or whether it's PC only but it might be worth looking for.

If not I would try posting on the BF3 forumshere on xbox.com or maybe the official BF ones because there isn't gonna be too many people with the game yet that can help you mate.

I have the same set up as you for my sound. I'll see how mine goes on Friday. But saying that I'll only be playing the multiplayer so maybe it's only a fault on the single player and I won't find out.

There's a big 'day one' patch - have you received it yet ?

ive installed the game, downloaded the patch, installed hd and the sound for me is still way out of sync with the video.