Beyond Good and Evil 2 Screenshots released

Link  

-

Haven't played the original, but it looks like they've made some radical changes to the art direction. Instead of campy cartoon visuals we have dark and gritty. Seems like a bad move imo. But it looks like the game isn't dead yet

-

-

Old trailer from 2009

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

the original was amazing, but these screenshots are outstanding if legit, nothing wrong with updated the original game visual style if it looks that good, as long as the same gameplay mechanics and style are present it will be a hit with fans of the original game

-

Sometimes, when bringing a series back that hasnt been seen in years, you do need to make it current to attract new fans

It's only 2 pictures am guessing it'll have all the charm and colourful graphics of the original too. These 2 screens look good tho

The art style is the same as the 09 trailer. But I disagree that the cartoon visuals of the first game are 'outdated'. Look at how amazing Team Fortress 2 looks on PC. Ratchet and Clank still looks great as well.

-

Anyway I'm sure it'll be good. I don't know much about the first game beyond the first hour. You take pictures of stuff or something?

The first game was great.  I don't believe that the graphical style from the original looks outdated though.  Different games have different graphical styles.  As long as it works for the game, all well and good.  Minecraft is a good example of this...   The games graphics are from a different era, but they work great in the games world.  

[quote user="II Enix II"]

The first game was great.  I don't believe that the graphical style from the original looks outdated though.  Different games have different graphical styles.  As long as it works for the game, all well and good.  Minecraft is a good example of this...   The games graphics are from a different era, but they work great in the games world.  

[/quote]

Part of the beauty of Minecraft is it's art style. Fairly pixelated an yet it looks great anyway. I think had it had a more, how should I say, higher quality graphics style then it would most definitely take away from the game.

Personally I think Minecraft looks beautiful. It doesn't need high resolution textures to look that way.

it screams cod at me i don't want