Beyond a joke.

You know it's getting to the point where I'm really hating it every time a game is announced anymore. Instead of being excited about it or discussing aspects of the gameplay, is all we are hearing about is, resolution and frame rate! It really is crazy. Now a perfect example of why it means so little to me is, when I look at batman Arkham city. A really great game that I played on the 360 that ran in, you guessed it, 720p/30fps. Now personally I thought that game was beautiful. Another perfect example. Red dead redemption. The scale and beauty of that game always has me in awe every time I turn it on. And yes! 720p/30fps. You know I've heard hardly anything about gameplay for the new games because even on game media sites it's all about "What res?" Or "What FPS". In reality most people don't notice. Another fine example is bf3 on the 360 and bf4 on the one. Both run the same res but I can tell you from experience that bf4 looks far far superior. And while we will see some games running in 30fps I don't think we will be seeing to many more in 720p once the devs get a handle on the hardware. I mean seriously. Look at the difference from forza 2 on the 360 to forza 4 on the same machine. It's like night and day. Why? Because it took that long to learn every inch of what the 360 was capable of. We are only 2 months in. Thing are only going up from here!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree. It is getting ridiculous. A lot of media sites will play on this to get more traffic, stoking the fire further.  They invoke console wars for profit. What is worse is that the hard work that a lot of developers put into their games to improve them and make them look good is also overshadowed by such trivial things. I really don't need to hear resolution this and frame rate that every five minutes. If it looks good and plays good that's all that bloody matters! Enough is enough!

You know if you don't like, you could just ignore it. But then, you must not be searching hard enough if you can't find any conversation on the game itself.

I cant tell the difference. I guess some have super sonic eye sight and notice every little detail.

You know not once have I sat in front of my xbox one with any of the six games that I own and said "oh that looks awful" or "that could certainly have had a higher framerate". I am so happy with my upgrade from the xbox 360.

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

You know if you don't like, you could just ignore it. But then, you must not be searching hard enough if you can't find any conversation on the game itself.

[/quote]

Not much convo about games is going on, on this board. Its always fanboy wars.

There's plenty that'll agree with you (including me)....but the X1/Kinect haters and PS4 fanboys are constantly trawling the internet for any nuggets of news/rumour/gossip to back their "opinions" of the X1.  They're latching onto any framerate or pixel related issues like blood-sucking leeches.

It's been a pretty horrid 6 months for the gamer community....as a collective we've looked like a bunch of spoiled trolls....unfortunately I don't see it getting better anytime soon. :(

Believe me, it is only fannyboys and nerds that making this out to be something bad.

The general consumers which highly outnumber the above categories are not caring about this nonsense.

A bunch of good friends of mine don't go on websites and read this stuff, they own the consoles they enjoy and buy the games they want.

Not one legitimate consumer had put a game they were interested down because of the fps or res.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

[/quote]

Not much convo about games is going on, on this board. Its always fanboy wars.

[/quote] Broaden your horizons then? For many, there's an inherent problem with these forums that extends beyond "fanboy wars" so I don't know what to tell you. 

Broaden my horizons? I think that statement should be pointed to others. I, as you already know post in many different sections of the forums.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

Not one legitimate consumer had put a game they were interested down because of the fps or res.

[/quote]

Indeed. I absolutely loved Sacred 2 in all it's 1920x1080 glory on the Xbox 360, but it's frame rate would be reduced to a crawl once physics started kicking in from spell effects. Yet I still had so much fun blasting through that game in co-op with my friend.

Or even Skyrim, so modded up to the eyeballs, running at 2560x1440 downscaled to 1920x1080 that it ran at a crawl inducing 20fps (on PC). Capturing some of the most beautiful screenshots that others only dream of seeing.

All this crap absolutely doesn't matter.