Better Way To Help Achievement Hunters

I have a great idea to help achievement hunters, and to deal with unobtainable achievements. 

What about every time you complete a retail game you get a gold point and every time you complete an arcade game you get a silver point. A Gold Point can be used to get 1 achievement in any Retail or Arcade game. And a silver point can only be used to get an achievement in any arcade game. But you don't get in game rewards. Like if there is an achievement unlock all costumes you get the achievement but not the costumes. But if there is an achievement for getting an Avatar item you should be able to get the avatar item.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

its great to see ideas like this but IMO this one wouldnt work out too well. in my eyes unobtainable achievements are a good thing especially when telling the cheaters from the legit players. take Cars race o rama for example, if you see someone with 1000/1000 in the game, they cheated, simple as that. not to mention some of the online achievements for sports games where the servers were shut down, its a great way to say "yeah i was playing this game at this time". I think the unobtainable achievements add character to someones gamerscore

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

IMO that's a bad idea since the point of the achievement is to achieve something difficult. You shouldn't be able to press a button and get any difficult achievement you want.

Personally I think that MS should do something with the gamerscore idea. Maybe have milestone achievements as you gain gamerscore where you get awards.

For example:

Reached 5000 gamerscore - Free Golden Hat (Avatar award)

Reached 10000 gamerscore- 100 MS points

Sorry this didn't help.

^

Ive pretty much always agreed with that. with the exception of MS points of course, being realistic that would have MS loose money just from achievements. although ive always thought milestone rewards such as gamerpics or avatar rewards would be a great way to have incentive for earning achievements such as for every 1K up to 10, you get a gamerpic, then every 10k to 100k, then every 50-100k after that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive always liked whay Sony did with trophies..The level of trophy was usually indication of the difficulty getting it.. We are really at the point where gamerscore is just a number...Well it was always just a number, but theres nothing that sets each one apart now.

You could get 20 gamerscore playing for 14 hours straight on dead rising , or the same 20 gamerscore for passing a tutorial in just about any other game...Or beat a game like Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja difficulty, which is worth the same as completing one of the Hero quests in Fable 2..

But back to the original post, no, I dont think there should be an instant way to get achievements, as it would cheapen the expierience even more than it already has.

Sorry this didn't help.

the point of an achievement is to indicate that you've achieved something. If you can get hat achievement without achieving it, what's the point? You gotta earn things, kids!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="robert999220"]

its great to see ideas like this but IMO this one wouldnt work out too well. in my eyes unobtainable achievements are a good thing especially when telling the cheaters from the legit players. take

[/quote]

I agree it does make it easier to see who the real cheaters are but man would it be nice to finally get some of those unobtainable achievements that we've been screwed out of.

Cough *** Ghostbusters *** Cough

Sorry this didn't help.