Beta Issues

Recently I got the red rings of death mind you for the 5th time in 10yrs :-( before the red rings I signed up for the beta for the dashboard. I love Xbox so I decided to get a new one instead of sending it in to get fixed, can't go a day without my Xbox :-) When I got the new one I noticed I didn't have the new dashboard mainly the biggest difference is I'm back on Microsoft points not dollars. Today I tried to purchase a few game add-ons on the dashboard and it didn't allow me to, plus it shows that I have no credits anymore??!??!? I have the old elite so I just transferred my hard drive but the new beta didn't transfer to the new Xbox. What do I do???? Please advise???? Frustrated Gamer & Xbox supporter, Hugs Not War (MOD REMOVED)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Ok.  I know that when you use the beta, it swaps all your MSP into $.  So, once you went to another Xbox, it still reads it as though it should be MSP and you have none of those because they have been converted.  That is more than likely why you can not access/download stuff.  I will Look more into this for you though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For some reason, it won't let me edit my last post.  But I did verify that this is the reason.  All your MSP were converted to $.  So moving to the new console, it thinks you should be using MSP.  But they are still converted into $ because of the beta.  So if it is possible, you would have to go on the beta console, download, and re-download onto the new one:)

forums.xbox.com/.../1547586.aspx

There were several others, but this was the most definitive.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't re-download the beta update to a new console. This is simply because beta registration has been closed and there's no way to download the beta to another console. Trying to re-download and run the console registration application will produce an error.

You essentially have two choices. You can either:

a.) find someone that has the beta dashboard (friend/family) to make any sort of purchases on their console using your gamertag and then download that content back to your console by using your download history.

b.) wait for the beta update to be released to everyone later this year (Fall 2013 - no specific date given).

The currency converted can always be viewed here, and you'll have access to it on any beta dashboard console for the time being and then later this year you'll be able to make purchases on any console you'd like when this update goes live.

Sorry this didn't help.

By "re-download" I meant your option "A" Hassassinade :) See, Im on it:P

Sorry this didn't help.