Beta Forum Permissions

Since my last post mysteriously disappeared:

Not only has my system refused to download the beta dashboard ( read, my console has not downloaded the update despite being online), I still cannot access the beta private forums. Can I at least get access to those forums so I can try to explain my odd situation? I'll explain it again here:

I do not recall filling out the application for the newest beta release. However, when I recently bought Microsoft points via codes, they automatically converted into my local currency ( US dollars). They Xbox support tech I spoke with said my gamertag has been accepted into this beta, and that was why my points all converted. He advised me that I should wait two business days to see if my console would download the new dash, and if not he advised me to wait the three business days to see if I have Beta forum access, to see if anyone there can fix my issue. Those days have passed, and still no beta update or access to those forums. I'm not sure why I don't even have the beta tab on my system if my gamertag was accepted into the beta. This is the only console I've ever had, too.

I'm trying to be rather patient and civil, but patience is waning. I can't even by the new DLC for Black Ops 2 because of this... whatever this is. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Ok,

Two things.

1) Have you played on somebody elses Xbox that has Beta?  Because if you didn't sign up for beta, this will still convert your MSP into currency.  And Support will still see you are enrolled in Beta(this happened to a few people)  I only say this because you said you don't recall joining Beta.   The only way to get Beta forums access, is to be in the Beta.  If you are not in the Beta, it will not give you permissions in.

2)If you did join Beta and you do not have the Beta tab, there is no way to download it that I know of.

>If you know someone with a beta console, you can purchase the DLC on that console and re-download onto your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../1559768.aspx is your other post.  ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

No I've not played on anyone else's console nor do know anyone who has it. I guess I'm just screwed then? Pardon me while I go beat my head into a wall. This ain't even my fault and I get punished for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry about this I wish there was more that could be done regarding your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is it possible to remove my gamertag from the beta and have my currency converted back into MS points?

Sorry this didn't help.

nope once in beta you cannot get out of it and once the points have been turned into currency it cannot be reversed sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Damnit. I'm not going to wait three Twilight forsaken months before I can start making purchases again! That stupid tech promised someone would be able to help.... so much for that!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Twiley,

Sorry to hear you've been having a frustrating experience with your phone support.

Until the Beta rolls out public, though you won't be able to make purchases on your console, you will still be able to make purchases on a Beta console  

Sorry this didn't help.

It just makes it worse, cuz I can't use my PayPal or my credit card either. Tells me can't be authorized, so I can't even buy anything with direct cash.... That and the fact this is only like, the sixth time I've had issues with Microsoft, only to be told they can't help... blegh.

Sorry this didn't help.