Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

There is a lot of couch potatoes out there of which I am one. So far I am not seeing a beginning work out on their designed for us. Anyone else?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 100 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i know that feeling i picked some fight one and thought they'll break me in gently, i was gasping wheezing feeling sick and dying after about 8 mins lol i forgot what exercise is since having a car :/

P90x shoulders and arms is a simple resistance workout and the 10 minute trainers are awesome but very fast paced for beginners.  If you have any questions add me on XBL I am a personal trainer/ orthopedic surgeon plus I am a beachbody coach so I can probably answer most of your questions or at least point you in the right direction.  Most importantly be consistent and don't give up.  Keep pushing play!!!

Yeah, the 10 minute ones are probably the "easiest".  Use them to get in better shape before doing the longer workouts.  Especially if you brave into the insanity workout, lol.

Like CATigerman said, do a 10 minute one.  Then if you're not dying lol, do another 10 minute one right after.  Only after you can do these back-to-back with 5 stars would I go into the 20 minute ones and then eventually venture into any of the 30 minute or more workouts.  You definitely don't want to jump in too fast, get so sore you can't walk or sit down/up normal for a week, and then won't want to do it again :-).

You guys have got to be kidding me... I dropped after 5 minutes!

The whole thing is just do as much as you can but don't over do it. If you simply do that you'll find as time goes by you'll find that you can do more and more.

@Rangerprime X,im seeing more and more of these threads pop up,and being completely serious I have 7 years worth of education and qualifications in gym instructoring,I can not express enough,xb1 fitness will not help anyone starting out on a fitness regieme.

-

Fitness beginners need a complete health assesment to obtain the optimal programme for their needs,by a fully qualified gym instructor, end off.it is against all health and safety any other way.

-

Please for the benefit of your health in general get yourself down the gym/leisure centre and ask for advise and help,it will get you away form the xb1 of which sadly is a big addition to overall fitness problems in society,gyms aint exspensive if you look around.

-

I wish you all the best for your future indevous with fitness and put ya mind to it and no goal is unachieveable.The power of the group in society is a powerful thing;and that fully implys when you become a regular at any gym,you will get a 100% more support ,help and advise.

I agree with Saber to an extent....The only problem I have is that most of your personal trainers, especially at these 24 hour locations, are not college graduates and don't have an extensive background in general health and wellness.  The only person I would trust to give actual advise about your health and if you are ready to take on any kind of workout regime is a licensed physician. (Xbox Fitness also suggests this in the fine print)  No offense against any personal trainers out there, but there are a lot of personal trainers out there that over step certain boundaries and give advice that they are not licensed to give.

I would appreciate anything showing the recommended fitness level. And a beginners fitness would be nice to learn the various steps.

-

I'm sorry, but the trainers in Xbox Fitness walk through a step once then go full speed. I'm not a couch potato by any means. I've never been to an aerobics class so I don't know the "oldies but goodies" steps. Rewinding constantly just gets frustrating and sends me back to the treadmill (which I'm tired of and why I started using Xbox Fitness).

-

At least Dance Central gave you the option to slow down steps till you felt comfortable enought to do them at full speed.

The Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 is a decent one.  You arent going to get all the way through it  the first time (if you are a couch potato) but if you do the first 15 minutes you can come back to it in a couple of days and get further with each visit.  Most of the exercises are simple enough to understand how to do right away.  Its challenging but relatively simple.  

That being said, yes, of course this shouldnt be your only fitness option, but it certainly worked out great in a pinch on some mornings where I didnt want to fight the snowstorm or the negative five temps.  Get out and do some walking, do some hiking, hit the gym if you like, but theres nothing wrong with getting some acheivements while sweating inyour own living room. Just be sure to know your limits.

Enjoy!