Best way to sell an Xbox 360?

What is the best way to sell an Xbox 360 for cash these days?

Also, what are the pros/cons of using the following:

• CeX - Probably won't get a great price
  • Ebay - Might get stung on postage
  • Game/Gamestation - Do they buy for cash since they've reopened?

Many thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you sell on Ebay they will take a 10% cut of what you sell it for and paypal will take 10% if you sell it that way. So thats 20% straight off in fees plus your postage.

Game and Gamestation are now buying consoles for cash. Check on Cex's website for what you will get.

Its swings and roundabouts on this, check Ebay and see what the average price is for consoles being bidded on and watch some sales and see what the end price is. Then take off postage and 20% of final price

My mate sold a 360 and PS3 ( Towards the end of last year ) at Blockbusters, he said they give a pretty good price for cash, obviously they would give you even more if you just took it as store credit.

You don't have to take off the cost of postage as the buyer should pay for that, unless your stupid and offer free postage. If you go to cex then you know that your getting alot less than you would if you sold it yourself because they make a profit. Best thing to do is use facebook groups. There are around 3/4 groups in my area to buy and sell stuff. That's where I sold my 4gb and I got £100 for it when they were £150 new (cex offered £60).

Thanks guys, I'll take it in to Game as a start, to get a quote.

Dont forget to format the hdd.

What xbox are you selling? HDD Size? Slim? how much you looking for?

[quote user="Piztup"]

Dont forget to format the hdd.

[/quote]

Sound advice!

I only read recently ( Might have been you that posted it Mr Piztup? ) that even deleting your profile, it still leaves some sort of details on there?

i think it leaves trace of credit card details or something along those lines.

Thanks about the formatting tip, that's one reason I'd rather take it to Game, rather than eBay.

Flembo26, its an original a style white 'Premium', non-HDMI, with a new 120Gb HDD, two wireless controllers, not modded in any way. Really have no idea about price!

Both CEX and Game/Gamestation give you next to nothing for any model that doesn't have HDMI output, you're looking at £22-£24 cash at CEX + £6 for the 120gig HDD and £10 for the extra wireless controller. Game/Gamestation give £10 cash for the console + whatever they give for the HDD and extra pad.

I'm guessing these stores don't want the old models without HDMI output because of the failure rates, they give you quite a bit more for the HDMI consoles.