Best Budget Gaming Monitors

If you're on a budget and need a high-quality set-up, then opt for the ones below. They both feature e-IPS panel, which means image quality would remain identical regardless of the viewing angle and have fast pixel response. Both are very good out of the box and require very little tweaking, which means the image would appear the as it was intended.

If you're in the US, search for the model numbers and you should be able to find an excellent deal. 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/aoc-i2353fh-23-full-hd-led-backlit-monitor-11236968-pdt.html

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-lg-ips235v-ips-led-monitor-full-hd-dvi-vga-1920x1080-250cd-m-50000001-14-ms

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are the Redundant Pixel LEDs, run as Back lighting on those Monitors or are they seperate LED modules..?? (ie. Overscanned Image & redundant pixels are Back lighting LEDs etc)

What do you think of this... I am thinking of buying it...

PANASONIC - Viera 65" FHD 3D Neo Plasma Infinite Black Ultra TV - THP65VT50A

Best to opt for ST or Samsung high-end panels. VT doesn't offer much over ST

ST is low end TV's..

What about UPnP & Freesat HD on VT models..?? I've got a spare Satellite Transceiver Box & 75cm Dish etc..

It's mid-range and very close to the VT. It has everything the VT has in terms of image quality.

The Bezel is too thick for Eyefinity mode with ST & ST doesn't go above 50" in Panasonic or have THX Support etc..

I'm not paying retail either...

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

The Bezel is too thick for Eyefinity mode with ST & ST doesn't go above 50" in Panasonic or have THX Support etc..

I'm not paying retail either...

[/quote]The VT series from Panasonic does not have THX support, but rather THX certification. That basically means that THX has tested the model and deemed it certified after Panasonic made whatever revisions THX specified. The actual THX picture mode is a good start, but I find that you can obtain better results through a custom calibration - and obviously tailor it to your personal preferences, whatever they may be.

I'm not sure that I agree with Nielo on the ST series being very close to the VT series, but that really depends on whether on not proper viewing distance used and how discerning the viewer is. In reality I would guess that many casual viewers (and even some videophiles) wouldn't see much of a difference between the two lines of plasma displays.

I'm not sure about availability in your region, but the ST series is available in 50", 55", 60" and 65" in my region (Canada).

The VT series definitely has a much slimmer and more attractive chassis than the ST. Eyefinity mode? If you plan on using two or more plasma displays you'll want to go for the ST series unless you have a couple thousand dollars burning a hole in your pocket. Might want to set some aside for a unit to cool the room down as well, as three plasmas will definitely heat a room up. 

In terms of image quality, they are both identical (and the black levels are the same). That wasn't the case last year

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../panasonic-tx-p42st50b-p42st50-201203191731.htm

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../panasonic-tx-p50vt50b-p50vt50-201204101757.htm

[quote user="Nielo TM"]

In terms of image quality, they are both identical (and the black levels are the same). That wasn't the case last year

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../panasonic-tx-p42st50b-p42st50-201203191731.htm

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../panasonic-tx-p50vt50b-p50vt50-201204101757.htm

[/quote]Interesting, nice read. It would seem like they're using the same panel for both models and "binning" the better productions for the VT series. Similar to CPU manufacturers binning better performing chip dies as higher priced SKUs with higher clock speeds. The VT panel seemed to calibrate colour with marginally better accuracy, albeit potentially negligible.

When we were at Hamburg for the launch, it seemed Panasonic rearranged the pricing and line-ups to better compete with Samsung and LG and that was the case. The ST50 is the high-end of the mid-range lineup (upgraded from low-end). The GT (now high-end)  and VT (flagship) have different panels (faster drive mode), but the real world differences are negligible and not worth the additional cost.

PS: ST now costs the same as last years GT series. And there maybe differences between the UK and US models (mainly the GUI and the number of options present).