Best 42" LCD tv for gaming?

As the title suggests. I'm looking for a 42" LCD TV to replace my 32" Samsung. I have a budget of around £400, stretching to £500 if needed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Maybe a 42" Samsung?  I have 40", and 46"  Samsungs that are perfectly fine.

For that price you could get a Panasonic Plasma though. It would be superior to most any LCD you could find in that price range.

you should consider gaming input lag when buying a new tv , the problem is i've only managed to find one site that tests for this www.hdtvtest.co.uk/reviews.php

if you scroll down to the bottom of the tests they put in the input lag . this is the best one i have found so far 14ms

www.hdtvtest.co.uk/.../samsung-le32c530-le40c530-20100813815.htm

only 32inch though

I kind of wish that TV's were still Tubes. I have a 32" Hitachi that I got back in 97. I played hours of N64, Years of PS1 and PS2. Now that I have a family and kids. They get it and Watch movies/TV all day. The Screen still looks like the day I got it.

Now that I have a LCD in my Dads Cave. I'm on my 3rd screen. As they say. Things aren't made like they used to.

LG

[quote user="TeeMan69XXX"]

I kind of wish that TV's were still Tubes. I have a 32" Hitachi that I got back in 97. I played hours of N64, Years of PS1 and PS2. Now that I have a family and kids. They get it and Watch movies/TV all day. The Screen still looks like the day I got it.

Now that I have a LCD in my Dads Cave. I'm on my 3rd screen. As they say. Things aren't made like they used to.

[/quote]

My buddy uses a Samsung tube, that is widescreen and 720p (It's gigantic! and only 30"). They're out there somewhere.

[quote user="TeeMan69XXX"]

[/quote]I seriously doubt that the TV looks just like it did brand new. Tubes experience colour shift over time, usually over a period <30,000 hours. The average 15-25 year old CRT TV now displays images with a mild to severe shift towards either red or green. Plasmas and LCDs use less power and last longer (40,000+ hours), and can be made with fewer toxic materials. Their lack of weight is nice, too.

Tubes had their hayday, but it's long since past.