belkin powerline

can anyone help looking for a solution i can connect through wifi bu the second i plug in my belkin powerline hd it stops working it doesnt seem to be able to create an ip address for it. ive tried creating dmz and changing my mac address and setting up a manual ip address but none of this seems to work. has anybody else had issues similar. i have also updated the firmware on the routers and it is still not working

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Greetings, galston. Very sorry to hear about your situation. We'll get this sorted out!

Are you receiving an error along the lines of Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem? If so, you'll want to take a look at this support article similarly titled "Error: Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem". Can you please give the steps provided there a shot and let me know if that helps resolve the issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes mr darcy that is what its saying have tried going through the self help online have even updated the firmware also in the powerlines themself which is suppose to help rule out strict nat on games

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, galston. What happened when tried a direct connection to your modem? Did the problem persist? In addition, it would be very helpful if you could provide us with a bit more information about your setup/connection. Can you please fill out your responses to the questions in bold below? Thank you in advance! I'm standing by if you have any questions.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

scotland uk

Modem brand & model number:

does not say its sky 

Router brand & model number:

belkin powerline hd

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

using both wireless working well just modem is now further away so signal not as good

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

yrs it is even turned it off on the modem and changed it

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

nope

Any Error Codes you encounter:

cant remember

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

sky via bt line

after typing all that i appear to have found a solution by accident if i leave the powerline attached to the xbox whilst turned on and turn the powerline adapter off at the modem and then back on it works every time.  so eh happy high speed gaming for me again. ps anyone reading this forum i would recommend using the power outlet adapters to help boost your signal ( if not plugged into your router directly) as i greatly improves your connection. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear you were able to get this resolved, galstonbrawler. Happy gaming to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.