Belkin Powerline and unable to connect to Xbox Live

Hi there.

Thank you for your time in reading my post. Hopefully you will be able to help me.

Before I upgraded my network, everything connected worked.

I basically have invested in the Belkin Powerline HD pack (F5D4078uk) and a Netgear Switch (but ignore this for the moment)

I have a Belkin Wireless Modem/Router - F6D4630-4.

I have connected it like so; Internet > Router> Powerline> Powerline> PC - this configuration worked. Replace the PC with the Xbox. The xbox receives the Ip address from the router however it cannot connect to the internet - with the famous - cannot connect to DNS error. I have also 'pinged' this with the response of time out.

I then went on to Belkin's website to update the firmware, I have done this and have had no luck.

Anyone got any ideas - any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hi,

Belkin N routers can be troublesome, try setting up exactly like this guide:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly this didnt help. I have tried to do the suggestion, the xbox cannot gain a static ip from the router, it fails the very first test. So I had to put it back to the 'auto' settings. There is a massive red cross between Network and Internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, what did you upgrade in your network then? And the PC works fine on the adapters? I have seen Belkin power line adapters have issues before with the Xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

I just bought the powerline adaptors, nothing else has changed on the network.

I can confirm that the PC can use the adaptors - as I am currently connected to it now, but it doesnt work for the XBOX - its really annoying me. What is so different to the xbox and the PC that is so different that it allows the PC on the internet and not the xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Its not the Xbox that is different really its the Belkin powerlines, some don't work well with the Xbox. I've seen ones that do work before but even affect your NAT status which is even more strange.

I've found the best Homeplug/Powerlines to be Solwise, VeseNet and Devlo, any chance you can return and exchange them? Apart from seeing if there's a firmware update for the powerlines (unless your saying you've done this already) I'm not sure what else you can do really, I find Belkin kit pretty shocking for anything relating to Xbox to be honest, its a shame as it used to be good.

If it doesn't work with a manual ip address or on auto but works when connected direct to the modem there's nothing you can change on the Xbox or router to make this work, its down to the powerlines

Sorry this didn't help.