Being kicked by other players via DDOS attacks or some other form unknown

Ok its starting to get real irritating, i know its not my connection...other games will stay connected for hours on end no problem...even BFBC2 will stay connected for hours on end if im not playing a chopper map or p'ownin players left n right.  Its when i start flying around a chopper and getting 20-30 kills i will start lagging out badly and be kicked...and the other night I was playing onslaught and kept getting booted by this other guy...i'd get the boot...come back in...he'd boot me again, repeated about 3-4 times to make sure, yep its these 2 guys that dont like me...and I checked (hosted my own match) and there is no kick player option at ALL....so tell me why im paying u guys for a service in which u cannot protect?  Its not my fault im that good at shootin people,and frankly sick n tired of these big ego wanna be hackers learning a few basic ways to f with people online and getting away with it.  How do I stop people from sending these multiple packets or whatever they are doing to boot me?  I want answers or Im done with XBOX live...you guys can suspend people for cheating in games using modded xboxes but what care not about us players that dont use any hacks/cheats/programs to boot people and get f'd with all the time just because we are THAT good.  Answers please.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2018 Views 750 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

wow nobody is going to answer me on this...u fools running this forum must be these non skilled aholes that im talking about using this type of cheap way to boot people...well guess what, if you have to boot people in a game to be able to play...well you're a true loser...its just a game....cant help it you suck, go practice and let me play....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well to be honest, not many people will answer hostile messages on the forums.

Secondly a DDOS attack is an attack on your external IP - the one being supplied by your ISP - which will cause your modem or your router, not your xbox alone, to get disconnected from the internet all together. In many cases with a DDOS attack you can't get back online either until you've power cycled the network or even contacted the ISP for assistance.

To really know what's up and do our best to help you out the post at the start of the forums entitled "start here" has a list of information we would need to know the variables that you're dealing with. Here's a link to that announcement: forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I like how you're blaming xbox live for an issue with one specific game that xbox live has no control over the servers,  EA is the ones you'd probably want to take this complaint too. Not here, if you want to leave xbox live over something like this please do so.  This community will be better without your blatent pointless hostility.

Sorry this didn't help.

@"Teh Brizen"(whatever the heck that means)u would be hostile too if these script kiddies kept bootin you out of games during times when you'd really just like to chill and relieve some stress...and this message isnt that hostile considering how many times i've gotten the boot and stayed silent not caring, but enough is enough. I'm pretty sure its probably not just this one game...or just ea servers...AND I know for a fact that if this was costing microsoft money then they would have a system in tact for catching/stopping these people...u know what i call a greedy profiteering company that doesnt protect its users but hypocritically bans people for modding themselves?  well u dont want to know bc thats even more "hostile".  Also dont come in here with your little gamerscore talkin crap on us O.G's...and its not blatent pointless hosility smart guy, its pointed at xbox obviously for not having systems in place to catch/stop these script kiddies and SOMETIMES gettin hostile is the only way to get crap done, but u wouldnt know nuttin about that, go play marvel capicom and pretend your spiderman kid. @Antillion: I will check into it and get back to you, im creating some logs from my router to see if i can notice anything tonight, thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? KANSAS, USA

Modem brand & model number: Linksys CM100

Router brand & model number: D-LINK DGL-4500

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired WIRED

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? NA

Things you have tried: CHECKING ONLINE

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown YES

Is NAT Type Open? YES

Any Error Codes you encounter: ERROR STATUS REPORT:

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

*note* these are all zeros

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? CABLE

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? COX (speedtest.net from kansas to massachusetts 152ms ping, 21mb down, 2 mb up)

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?NO message, just says connected

*NOTE* the problem isnt being able to connect to xbox live...the problem is people making me lose connection to xbox live...and this IS an XBOX live problem because i PAY for xbox LIVE.  Also yes DDOS attacks I know because I had to turn off my modem/router for 20-30 mins to get it my whole house connected to online again.  If anybody knows anything about stopping these aholes that think they are online gods bc they can f with other peoples games PLEASE let me know how to go about stopping.  Really I just want to game but I kind of cant when people boot me bc I kill them(even though it IS a shooter game and if you suck maybe u should play marvel capcom like "Teh Brizen"...and my hostility isnt pointed at members its pointed at these script kiddies and XBOX for not protecting better. (I know some will argue its the ISP but I know for a fact that this only happens to me on XBOX LIVE which I pay for, so thats where im starting)  I COULD get into trying to learn how they do it and do it back...but that would make me as lame as them and I just want to play...no boots, just shoots.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to add that if you do a google search for "how to boot people off xbox live" every script kiddie and their mom has a post on how to....BUT if you google search "how to STOP people from booting you" there is nothing helpful...which is why im here at xbox live also asking about this problem...theres got to be something microsoft can do about this...shouldnt be so easy for these lil kids that suck at these games and throw temper tantrums to give us legit players the boot...feel me?

Sorry this didn't help.

BUMPED

Sorry this didn't help.

Bumping isn't going to help this, one thing I will point out though is that your speed test is showing a ping that is abnormally high for Cable. My cable connection for instance is Comcast cable - 15 Mbps with 3Mbps upload and ping is 30 to 60.

The status report is always going to be there even when there are no errors - even when it's online that is a status so the report will be there working or not.

The simple fact here is that your connection may have room for improvement - additionally DDOS attacks aren't using the consoles themselves, they would be set up with a connection through 3rd party equipment or aftermarket modded consoles which are in that case NOT running the way that Microsoft intended and therefore has no actual control over. Since it's 3rd party software or 3rd party hardware, just like with 3rd party games there isn't anything that the company that didn't make it can really do for it. My best recommendation would be to contact Cox Cable and let them know you believe you are being attacked over the internet by a hacker or modder or whatever you want to call them because it is your whole internet connection that is being kicked offline, not just Xbox - whether or not that is the part you want to focus on is up to you.

Ultimately it comes down to simply being that Microsoft doesn't have anything to do with the security of your internet connection as a whole, just your personal information that is given to them for billing and account purposes. Which in this case is still secure, so they are living up to their end of protecting your identity.

Sorry this didn't help.

Antillion is correct there is no way for them to script you of the MS Network via an attack, can they hit your ISP with a DDoS I am sure (but unlikely), are they targeting your specific IP or internet (about a 1% chance). My suggestion to you would be to make sure your internet is secure and if you continue to have further issues feel free to call your  ISP.

P.S. Don't believe everything you read on google, I checked out four different links that shared how to do it and they are obvious trolls trying to get people banned from XBOX.

"Some people just want to watch the world burn."

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya thanks for input, not sure how more "protected" i can get without having to pay more money for it.  I have a 3 year paid subscription to avast internet security, paid subscription to malwarebytes pro, my SPI on my 200 dollar router...just wish there was a way to limit how many packets your router can recieve at once so that it doesnt get overloaded.  Also my ping was high because i was testing from the midwest all the way to the east coast (like 1500 miles).  If I test from kansas to missouri its 42ms ping, 15mbps down 2.87 mbps up.  Im just trying to figure out why i pay for all these protecting and why a router has a firewall built in that doesnt stop this kind of attack...really frustrating, i didnt want to become a full on computer nerd to learn how to stop these attacks, but looks like only way.  I will contact cox, but I still feel that if this was costing microsoft money then they would have systems in place to detect/prevent this...but since it doesnt they just dont care and hell why not up the yearly membership fee to 60 to play on unprotected console.

Sorry this didn't help.