Being hacked

Please help, he is ruining my XBL experience we absolutely need to put this to an end because I am draining my 3G and i do not have unlimited so he will also cause us to go over our 3G and cost us money to get him off XBL he is threatening my friends to kick then off too so it is not just me i have tried to report him for system tampering as he is shutting down my wifi once again his name is [mod removed] and this is urgent that the Microsoft corporation fixes this emidietly please help put this to an end. Many other people have been threatened to be kicked off like me if anything you need to make sure he doesn't harm anyone else's experience to XBL even if you can't help me help the people being threatened to be kicked off they are on my friends list and my account name is [mod removed]  if you need that. I have also reported him several times with no help so hopefully this will be the last time i have to, i do not know if i should contact my internet provider or keep it with you as what he is doing is ilegal to as I've heard to do in the first place so i don't understand why someone would use their time in such a way.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

You're not being hacked. It's called a Denial of Service Attack. You can find out more here - support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq  You definitely need to contact your ISP to alert them to what is happening.

Filing a complaint via the console is the only way to report a user and have the enforcement team investigate them. The complaint system is not automatic so it does take time for them to take action. For future reference, calling out other gamers is not allowed on the forums.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[mod removed] is a child who thinks he's a Important person because he has a "altima and a Rolex" that his mommy bought him.  He tried to DOS me as well but I don't use WiFi and I refused to accept his private chat invite.  His grammar is atrocious and he is a loser who is begging for attention.  He DOS my buddy and he got kicked for a few mins.  Unfortunately he isn't doing anything that requires any skill whatsoever because he lacks the basic intelligence and social skills to make friends which is why he goes around DOSing people.  Maybe one day when he finds a boyfriend to play with he will stop being such an annoying child.  We can only hope.  I am submitting daily complaints about his SN until Xbox reviews his account and makes efforts to ban his screen name and account from Xbox live.  At best he will have to ask Mommy for money again to rejoin Xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

People need to stop calling out gamer tags.  You may allege all you like but unless there is definitive proof on Microsoft's end they can't perform an enforcement action.  Microsoft cannot get proof of DDoS attacks either because it doesn't go through the LIVE servers.

If you keep breaking the forum rules you will get an enforcement action taken against you.

Sorry this didn't help.

No, people need to stop crying about calling out user names because there acting like tools.  How about proof that the [Mod Removed] told me what he did, said he was never going to be able to get back online.  You get to edit my post to protect someone who is ruining game play for everyone else?  [Mod Removed]

Sorry this didn't help.

As the others said above, this is a DoS, or Denial of Service Attack, or sometimes a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service). This is currently a federal crime, and it currently carries up to a ten-year sentence in the US, and related sentences in other countries, so lets hope he is caught :)

-

To stop the grievance, you can contact your ISP, or Internet Service Provider, about the issue and have them give you a new IP address. Most ISPs will help you out and do this, some even deflect the malicious packages back to the source, knocking him offline. After your IP is changed (and before if you want) do not communicate with the attacker online in any way, shape or form, as he will be able to scrape your IP again and continue the attacks.

-

And Cool Breeze, the moderators can edit your posts to remove un-needed gamertags. It is in the forum Code of Conduct that you accepted by using these forums not to name and shame.

-

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.