Being disconnected from Xbox Live when I am not even playing online

I have had the issue for about a month and eight days (ever since gears of war 3 came out) but I have been having this problem on every other game that I play. I am using a wired connection with the new xbox 360 s. When I am playing online the connection is fine but when I am not in a game I am unable to talk to my friends in the xbox live party because most of the time I cannot hear their voices. This is an issue because I would like to talk to people in the xbox live party when I am playing single player games. If I am not in an online game for about 5 minutes, I get disconnected from xbox live. When I sign back in, I get the same result after another 5 minutes of not being in a game. I have tried testing the xbox live connection in the system settings screen and cleared the cache, but that hasn't fixed the issue. If anyone has a solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate it if you shared it and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

What is your NAT on Gears 3? Is this set to "Open"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For gears of war 3 the my NAT type used to be set to moderate. I then went into the system settings and pressed 'test xbox live connection' ever since I did that it has been set to open

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, that's odd. You shouldn't be able to change your NAT settings from the console. Can you try editing your NAT and see if this has any effect: forums.xbox.com/.../34069.aspx Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.