Battlefield Online Pass

When you download the online pass for this, is it connected to the console or the gamertag ??

Reason is I have 2 gamertags on my xbox one for me and one for my son and did not know if I would have to buy an additional online pass

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Online pass is for "one" account only, so you will have to purchase another online pass(es) for any other accounts.

Edit....

[quote]Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No.  One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).[/quote]

http://www.easports.com/onlinepass

^ I thought you did need an online pass for each account :S

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

[/quote]That may well have been the case when it was first introduced, but now they use the same DRM system as the rest of XBL's DLC mate.;)

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

[/quote]That may well have been the case when it was first introduced, but now they use the same DRM system as the rest of XBL's DLC mate.;)

[/quote]You've always been able to use one for all accounts on the same console. Well, I have anyway.

I am running into this problem.  I have two xboxs when I try to take the gamertag that I activated it on to my second xbox it will not let me play any multi-player games.  Says I have to activate the Online Pass or purchase.

From what I see on the EA site I should be OK on other xbox consoles as long as I use the same gamertag.

Its disgusting EA get away with this thankgod MW3 doesnt include this. I remember buying Badcompany 2 and being told the online pass meant I would get all maps for free...

They didnt tell me all they were going to do is make a RUSH only map a conquest map and vice versa absolutely the last time I ever buy Battlefield in any guise EG- Badcompany or plain Battlefield.

You will need to download the 'onlline pass' again onto the 2nd console with the gamertag used on the original activation, if you go to the marketplace for that game and select online pass, it should say 'you have already downloaded this item, do you wish to download again?' or words to that effect.

It will not charge you when using the same gamertag.

So if I don't have the same xbox anymore, I can't use my pass?