‘Battlefield: Bad Company 3′ & ‘Mirror’s Edge 2′ Are Coming (Eventually)

When the pre-order incentives for Medal of Honor: Warfighter were announced, revealing next year’s beta program for Battlefield 4, fans of the series were surprised for two reasons. Firstly, Battlefield 3 is only just now hitting its stride after a series of major updates and the launch of Battlefield Premium, which will see multiple content
expansions release over the next year.

The other reason this was baffling was because of expectations that the next franchise installment
would be Battlefield: Bad Company 3.

Like the illusive, yet growing in-demand sequel to Mirror’s Edge, another Bad Company title is a certainty, so says Electronic Arts.

-

Ever since the pretty Frostbite 2 engine debuted with Battlefield 3, there’s been talk about a Frostbite-powered Mirror’s Edge 2. As recently as March a developer resume listed both Mirror’s Edge 2 and Bad Company 3 as projects they had worked on, and according to DICE executive producer Patrick Bach in an interview with IGN, EA is definitely not giving up on either series and would “never kill something that’s great.”

“The Bad Company IP is still something we love and it’s
very dear to me because I worked on both titles. We have no information
with where we are to a sequel to Bad Company, so I can’t tell you
anything about that IP.”

As for Mirror’s Edge 2, Bach says, ”and of course we haven’t killed it, because it’s too good
to kill.”

-

The question is, when will EA position the titles for release and are both being timed as potential launch window games for the
next-gen PlayStation and Xbox?

-

Exciting stuff!

-

Mirrors Edge was a treat and Bad Companys humour and characters outshine BF3's boring stone faced military cod feeling.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Why do you feel a weird need to compare it to COD because its not got humour through it.

Where on earth does COD fit into this?

You could have said its not like EVERY other shooter out there

Or you could have said its not like COD the best selling and most poular game ever.

Or who really cares?

Nothing to see here, obvious troll.

Or... perhaps because Battlefields bigget competitor is CoD?

Whoop thats good stuff right there.

Looking forward to Mirror's Edge 2, enjoyed the first one specially the graphic style.

Great news, big thanks for posting.

I just hope that Mirrors Edge 2 doesn't give me motion sickness like the first game did, it wasn't as bad as some games but I had to stop playing which I was gutted about as it looked and played VERY well .... 'Fingers Crossed' ..

I had to give up on Mirrors Edge; I could get used to the first person platforming. BC3 is a different matter altogether though! BC2 was the first shooter I played online for a decent amount of hours. Still think that the maps on that were better than BF3's

[quote user="l Synchronize l"]

Why do you feel a weird need to compare it to COD because its not got humour through it.

Where on earth does COD fit into this?

You could have said its not like EVERY other shooter out there

Or you could have said its not like COD the best selling and most poular game ever.

Or who really cares?

Nothing to see here, obvious troll.

[/quote]

Butthurt.