Battlefield Bad Company 2

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion here.  I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 used at Gamestop.  I have been trying to play the muyltiplayer, but when I type in a password I get a notification that my Xbox Live does not have the right setting or some such.  (And no I am not a 13 year old....) I am the only player of video games in my house.  I have Xbox Live Gold.  My settings are for "Adult".  I cannot think of any reason why I am not "allowed" to connect.  Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

By chance are you using a Family plan? Also if you could, just double check your privacy settings under the Settings Hub on the dashboard to make sure they are all correct..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No family plan.  Checked my settings.  All seems correct.  I can access MW3 content no problemo.  I found another link, but the EZ site dosen't seem to have all the proper stuff to complete this answer.  forums.electronicarts.co.uk/.../1034050-your-gamer-profile-does-not-have-correct-permissions-access-xbox-live-functionality.html  Under "Persona" there is no option for XBOX live gamertag.  Still don't know what to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

It may very well be that EA has shut off the servers for that games multiplayer, but I would recommend contacting EA since it appears that the issue is on their end and not affecting your Xbox since you are able to play other games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Gurney man! I understand you are having some issues playing Bad Company 2. Can you elaborate on exactly what you are putting in a password for? What is the prompt asking, and is it a console notice, or in-game? When it tells you that you don't have the right settings, what is the exact message you get, with error codes if there is one. Since this is only happening with this game, I don't believe this has anything to do with your account settings, but we can check in to that if nothing else pans out. Let me know and we'll go from there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Gwyther...thank you.  I actually downloaded the new ME3 Demo and was finally able to access the EA servers.  Now Battlefield works!  Cool beans.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, glad to hear it! If you have an extra minute, I'd really appreciate it if you would rate my service today. We always appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.