Battlefield Bad Company 2 still being played?

A friend of mine has just purchased Bad Company 2, I was thinking about getting it as it's available for £10 second hand. Are people still playing it online? Is there much DLC that I'd have to pay for? Should I just wait for BF3 and COD MW3?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's still played.

I just had a few games the other day still full. Only thing is I think there's something wrong with the stats, all mine have gone back to 0 and don't even update after I play a few games. I still have all the weapons I've unlocked and my rank is correct in game, but back on my stat screen everything is like I say 0.

If you get it new, then you get the VIP code and get a lot of the DLC for free, so may be cheaper then buying second hand and purchasing the DLC.

I can't wait for BF3 and have totally given up on COD and this will be the first year I won't buy it.

Do you get a VIP code with the standard edition or do I have to buy the Ultimate Edition?

Yeah it was just a standard edition, I got it on release. There's about 7 map packs available for free with the VIP code, I don't know how much they are as DLC. There some extra that's not available on VIP but I've never bought anything else except the Vietnam pack which I love.

still played, i played it a few days ago.

@ winka, i wasnt having problems with my Stats. mine were getting updated after every game.

Best FPS on the console to date.

BUY BUY BUY!!!

(But make sure you get it brand new so you get the VIP code for the free maps!)

Can you play BFBC2 split screen online (like in BLOPS)?

[quote user="ReKonvicted"]Can you play BFBC2 split screen online (like in BLOPS)?[/quote]

No, one person per console.

Yeah the game is still played and its one of the best on the xbox.

Onslaught is worth the 400 points for a nice change of pace too.

ye stats fked goes to 0 but after while they come bk just lil glitches in the game ye loads people still play it atm i play on my pc bored of xbox atm no gd games out atm