Battlefield 4

I just excitedly got Battlefield 4 today, and after i did the customary Title download it said i had to put 2gb of data on to my Xbox Hard drive.  Knowing something like this was going to happened i cleared away the required space before hand.  However when i went to select my device it kept coming back with the message that it needs to be put on the internal hard drive.  I repeated this process of selecting the internal memory devise and after about 5 times followed by multiple swear words I restarted my Xbox and removed the external Hard drive i have plugged into it and tried it again.  Still nothing it kept asking me to select the internal Hard drive.  Has anyone else come across this problem?  Is there anything i can do to fix it right away?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

Hi, do you have the 4GB console, the mandatory install the game requires must be installed to an Xbox Hard drive such as the one in this link below.

-

Hard Drive Example

-

You can't do the install to the internal flash memory of a 4GB console, USB flash drive or external hard drive, it has to be an Xbox hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes i do have the 4GB hard drive Xbox.  So what you are telling me is that i have to purchase another item just to play this game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes you will need to purchase another item to play the game. Dice/EA should have made retailers aware of this so they could educate people before purchasing the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

So even though i have the required 2GB space on my Memory Unit which is my 4GB Xbox 360 i now have to purchase another item that is going to run me over 100 dollars just for this game?  There is no justice and there is no god.

Sorry this didn't help.

What I do not get, is I Have the space on my Hard Drive, the mandatory 2GB, I have it the game is just not recognizing the Hard Drive!!! When i go to select the Memory Unit it says that i have to install it on to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, WHICH I AM TRYING TO DO!! Am I missing something or is the disc completely screwed up or is it that i need to hit my 360 with a hammer repeatedly??? Please advise.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have the 4GB xbox you do not have an internal Hard Drive. You have flash memory, which for some reason is not good for the game. Check out this link for a little bit more info help.ea.com/.../battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide

Sorry this didn't help.

Yay capitalism.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mandatory is 2GB for initial set up but installing the first disc which is a multiplayer it will require 6.6 GB of content and for the 2nd disc which is single player it needs 5.8 GB of installation content. which means you need more than 2 GB, and basic requirement of the game is have external hard drive. it may also mean if you only have 4GB you need to buy a hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.