Battlefield 3 hardcore & destruction issues!

Playin this game after bfbc2 should feel like a better game but some major points let it down. The way that u can't play hardcore in a quick game, u have to got to server preferences to play it hardcore. And Iv noticed that wen u start your 1st match in hc the kill cam is still on until u start next match? Y does that happen! N e 1 else noticed that? And the frostbite 2 destruction was said to be a huge step up from bfbc2 but from what Iv seen (not much) there is hardly n e destruction at all? It's like nothin seems 2 destroy around u now, y is this, hav u noticed that there is not really n e destruction mostly it seems to b trees an the fences that blow apart. What about buildings????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Cant comment about the hardcore playlist, but i agree about the destruction. There seems alot less compared to BFBC2, but what is there does seem more natural, not a jiogsaw puzzle as in BFBC2

BFBC2 IMO is my best FPS shooter for consoles. I havent played BF3 yet so who knows. I was watching few streams fo BF3 and I saw many destructible buildings that were destructed. I am not sure what you're on about.

I have to agree, the destruction seems very limited compared to BF:BC2.

I saw one building completey collapsed for the first time yesterday.

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

Cant comment about the hardcore playlist, but i agree about the destruction. There seems alot less compared to BFBC2, but what is there does seem more natural, not a jiogsaw puzzle as in BFBC2

[/quote]

I will try and find the link I read from one of the devs, but basically he said they have purposely made the it so you can destroy less this time because there were people that complained that in BFBC2 the building seemed to come down too easy and they wanted to make it a bit more realistic.

On karg island yesterday the petrol station and th offices got completly flattened by mortar teams

[quote user="LoftyBee"]I will try and find the link I read from one of the devs, but basically he said they have purposely made the it so you can destroy less this time because there were people that complained that in BFBC2 the building seemed to come down too easy and they wanted to make it a bit more realistic.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish, in all the time i played BFBC2 and all the folk i spoke to, i never ever heard a single complaint about the buildings coming down too easy. They have gone the other way now and barely anything is destructible, lost count of how many times iv fired an RPG into a building and nothing. What little destruction BF3 has, is very good but i would rather have the BFBC2 engine

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

[quote user="LoftyBee"]I will try and find the link I read from one of the devs, but basically he said they have purposely made the it so you can destroy less this time because there were people that complained that in BFBC2 the building seemed to come down too easy and they wanted to make it a bit more realistic.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish, in all the time i played BFBC2 and all the folk i spoke to, i never ever heard a single complaint about the buildings coming down too easy. They have gone the other way now and barely anything is destructible, lost count of how many times iv fired an RPG into a building and nothing. What little destruction BF3 has, is very good but i would rather have the BFBC2 engine

[/quote]

Well I have to say I never heard no-one complain about it and saying " They wanted to make it a bit more realistic " could just mean they were too lazy to put it in fully!

Like you say though, what I have seen in this game is very good but I do find myself every now and again wanting a bit more destruction! For me any game like this should have it, for me it's not realistic at all to not have any.

But you have to remember that in bad company 2 you had all those generic houses plastered over the maps, thats why everyone is comparing the destructiuon between the two games and supposedly pointing out that this game has less destruction. Well theres your answer take all those generic houses out of bad company 2 and think again and you'll realise that bad company 2 had very little destruction itself. Battlefield 3 just has more natural environments this time around so naturally you have less to blow up!

I admit I loved bad company 2 and the maps too but if you stand back and look at the levels in your head  they did design 1-2 buildings that could be destroyed and then copied and pasted them across the maps in the right places.

This game removes that possible laziness and allows the destruction to be more natural where its needed. Plus the  destruction does look less like a jigsaw like mexicola said which is great.