Battlefield 1

DICE finally broke the modern/futuristic trend that most of us are sick of with battlefield 1 being set in WW1 looks epic whats your thoughts on it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The new COD will be a top seller this fall/winter,not sure if people are sick of modern/futuristic FPS.

But good news to have a different time set for Battlefield (can say the same about Far Cry primal)....And yop,the trailer is good.

But too bad that EA/DICE are making it (it's been a long time since they released a polish product)

With the release of Gears 4,i really don't need another shooter this year.(with Deus Ex 4).

I just can't get behind the idea of there being a WW1 shooter. It sounds so BOOOORING. Think about it. The horrible limited weapons. The horrible limited vehicles. No awesome equipment to mess around with. I'd be down for a WW2 shooter as it has a lot more to offer for warfare, or maybe an all out 'nam game. I dislike the futuristic ones like how CoD's going but man, there is a limit to how far back I'm willing to go as well. Ugh, this sucks. I was really looking forward to a new BF :(

There won't be no drones and night vision but there were rifles,guns,grenades,horses,planes,tanks,Zeppelin....and even chemical bombs.Doesn't really sound boring and might be surprising.

By the way,pre-order available on the marketplace.

^ yeah already pre ordered the early enlister edition at gamestop cant wait i dont see how WW1 is boring theres plenty of variety in weapons,vehicles,equipment ect i personally could not be more excited im so sick of the modern/futuristic shooters the market is flooded with them and has been for a long time im so happy that it was DICE that broke the trend battlefield has always been my go to game when it comes to MP

Just from what little bit I saw. I like it.

WW1 biplanes would make for some classic dogfights, while the battlefield itself wouldn't be overpowered. Who wouldn't like it?

About time if ya ask me!

The rifles most commonly used by the major combatants were, among the Allies, the Lee-Enfield .303 (Britain and Commonwealth), Lebel and Berthier 8mm (France), Mannlicher-Carcano M1891, 6.5mm (Italy), Mosin-Nagant M1891 7.62 (Russia), and Springfield 1903 .30–06 (USA). The Central Powers employed Steyr-Mannlicher M95 (Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria), Mauser M98G 7.92mm (Germany), and Mauser M1877 7.65mm (Turkey). The American Springfield used a bolt-action design that so closely copied Mauser’s M1989 that the US Government had to pay a licensing fee to Mauser, a practice that continued until America entered the war.

Machine guns, Flamethrowers, Mortars, Artillery, Poison gas, Tanks, Aircraft and submarines were also used during ww1, so there is plenty of various weapons and machines that will be utilised in the game, by the way the trailer looked awesome deffo gonna skip cod in favour of battlefield 1 this year

The new cod trailer has more than double the dislikes than likes and activision are deleting posts rapidly. This on the other hand looks fantastic.

So far they have done the right thing. Going back in time and with less reliance on lock on and red dot sighted weapons. I'm excited for both the multiplayer and the campaign in equal doses. Something that hasn't happened to me since Badcompany 2. If this is as good as that then I'll be buying less Singleplayer games again as this will be my main online shooter.

@RippenHarra yeah bad company 2 is a masterpiece easily my favorite MP game and that veitnam dlc was amazing loved how they had CCR always playing in the main menu brilliant

lol only from Video Game Forums and Video Game Culture could someone say "looks boring" from an event of a World War. I think it's pretty funny how so many people only assumed (and still assume) WW1 was a "trench" and "1 gun that shot 1 bullet".

For those not into history, WW1 established the concept of "modern warfare" and much of everything used today in "modern warfare" is built on the heritage of what was created in WW1.