Batman Arkham Knights $40 season pass is a disgrace....

Please do not support this. Season passes are already a rip-off more times than not, but charging $40 bucks which equals 2/3 the cost of the game is a joke and as that goth chick Vampirella would say "it's a slap in the face"  to their fans.

At first they wouldn't really say what they contained, but the backlash they were getting made them announce a little bit of what you will be getting. It still doesn't sound like it justifies $40. You can see their response here.

I know someone will defend this and say things like "games cost more to make now and they still cost the same as before". First of all, they don't cost the same amount. At least not here. Most new releases are €74.99. That is way more than before and even more than last gen. Secondly, there are way more consoles being sold now than back in the day. There are way more gamers. Surely that would help offset the extra costs. Just say 1 million people bought this game. Say it costs 60 dollars. That's 60 million. That's a lot of money. People need to stop defending this.

If this sells well and it probably will because there are a lot of nit-wits out there, it will set a new standard for pricing season passes. I was going to buy this game on release day, but now I'm not buying it all. If they want to price gouge, than I will not give them any of my money. I should slap them back and buy it used. 100 bucks for a complete game? Yeah....no. It's a disgrace. End rant.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I definitely think this is going to come back to bite them.

PC forums were full of threads complaining about it and the general consensus was " I guess we wait for the Steam sale" and then an assortment of profanity towards Rocksteady. I would assume the PS4 community and the majority of this community will see it the same way.

We are creeping up on the AAA titles basically costing a 100 bucks for all the content. Those 15 buck indie titles probably are going to be more appealing to a lot more people now ;p

How much?????

I'm with you on this,that's way to much,especially when you don't know what dlc is included for that price.

If this is where gaming is going I might have to start embracing the 8-bit games again. lol.

It's a pity I'm not a PC gamer as you can get the game and the season pass for under €35.00 here.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

From Rocksteady -

This season pass for Batman: Arkham Knight delivers new content every month for 6 months, featuring new story missions, more supervillains invading Gotham City, new legendary Batmobiles, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.

Even more disturbing I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the content is already completed and could have been released day one.

Yeah. I'm sure those skins are already complete. Why don't they just delay it another 6 months and sell us a complete game to begin with.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Game price is at $ 60 for over a decade (really more)..Since we got inflation,economic crisis and game cost more to make.

So i guess devs/publishers found a way to try to get their money back.

Maybe it's time to have a $80 price tag for AAA titles for a full product,without extra cost.

I've been seeing this all week lol. I still want the game but there was no way I was getting the season pass, especially not for $40. Only interesting part of what they announced so far is playing as Batgirl as a prequel I believe? I wonder how much gameplay that adds up to.

Just thought about this, the cost of buying these separate must really be insane lol.

I definitely will not defend it.  Then again I would not be buying it either.  They can put out all the dlc they want and I will usually not buy it.  There are rare occasions where the dlc seems to have enough content to make it worth the purchase.

Now, if it is obvious they took content from the game then that is different and a huge NO with me.  But as long as the game I buy is complete from beginning to end I could not care less.

I really am all fine with dlc and expansions if done right.  But there are many that will never be alright with it in any instance.  They view the game as incomplete if content comes out at any point.  I know people who, I know this is insane, were upset about the Shivering Isles dlc for Oblivion because their game was not complete.  That may be extreme but there are those like that.

As for the cost of games I think they are cheaper.  Just because of the value of money though.  I remember working delivering papers after school to buy NES games at $50 which at todays value would be much more expensive.  So gaming then could be expensive just like now.  And when a game was done and you wanted more you had to wait and hope for a sequel or something like it.

I do not know.  I guess I am mixed.  Quality dlc for $15 or even $20 is fine.  Throwaway dlc like skins are just a waste.  But if someone wants to buy them and likes them I am glad they make them.

I add,aslo that i'm pretty sure by the time all DLCs will be release (6 months/december),the season pass will get several "special discount" on the marketplace.

[quote user="Tzar of kaos"]Game price is at $ 60 for over a decade (really more)..Since we got inflation,economic crisis and game cost more to make.

So i guess devs/publishers found a way to try to get their money back.

Maybe it's time to have a $80 price tag for AAA titles for a full product,without extra cost.[/quote]

I'd be okay with that price if they were a complete game especially since they already charge €74.99. I buy them online for much cheaper though. Devs are making their money back regardless. If they weren't they'd go out of business straight away. The ones that did go out of business made bad games. If you make a quality product, people will buy it and you will make money.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!