Banning Xbox one

If I, and countless others, get the Xbox one early, can we go online. Get the update and play with our new toys? Or will we all be banned and be left with useless bricks?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Last time someone tried it got banned.

No one really knows.

MS have not confirmed if that would still be the case this close to launch but I would say it's likely.

You'll get away with it on Thursday probably, but to be safe I wouldn't until the Midnight launch.

I would say it's unlikely at this point. Retailers are beginning to ship machines legitimately and most customers do not frequent these forums and would be unaware that signing on early could potentially be hazardous. So, I would say that if MS does not want people online at this point, they would likely turn something off so that ppl cannot connect even if they try.

I don't know any of this for sure, but if MS started banning random customers who legitimately ordered an xbox one, that would be hazardous to their reputation, which is something they want to avoid right now.

Im sure if MSFT see a huge portion of XB1s light up, that they will ban.

Plus they are not banning, they are prohibiting users from Live until it goes live.

the person got banned cause he was on social media talking about everything they wanted to keep secret. they he would have been fine if he just played it and kept off social media but everything was on twitter for a while, you wont be banned now since microsoft has lifted and let the reviews released to the public.

So, the question still stands, banned or not?

Who wants to take the risk?

To tell you the truth , as much as I would of wanted to play it , I'd wait atleast  until Tomm night to play it

If it is a legit machine that you paid for and a retailer shipped it out to you, you should be safe.  You've done nothing wrong.  MS won't ban you for that.  It's the same with people playing games before the release date.  If it is a legit copy, they don't get banned.

All I can say is if you any bit of doubt, don't use it or go online until launch.

[quote user="ZIG ZAG STORIES"]they he would have been fine if he just played it and kept off social media[/quote]MS blocked all Xbox One consoles, not just his. His may have been the one that tipped them off, but seeing 150 new gamertags that didn't exist the day(s) before would have tipped them off eventually as well.