Banned/Suspended from Xbox Live? Read This First. Updated!

Salut! Welcome to the Xbox Canada forums! If you're reading this then perhaps it is because your account has been banned or suspended from Xbox Live. The first thing you should know is that no one in the Xbox Canada forums can help you. The Xbox Canada forums are community moderated which means we're a bunch of gamers just like you with no special access to the answers you seek.

The second thing you should know is that bans from Xbox Live are permanent and non-reversible. There is absolutely nothing you can do to have your account reinstated if it's been banned. Suspensions from the service are temporary and will be lifted after a period of time has passed.

If you have questions, the only place to go is the Suspensions Forum. depending on your situation.  The Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team actively moderates that forum to answer your general questions. You can read more about console bans here. I realize that the phone support people may have directed you to the Xbox forums, but there are many Xbox forums and the Canadian General Discussion is not the one you're looking for.

Go to the suspensions forum, post your question (along with the gamertag) and wait for a response. DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE FORUMS! It isn't required and the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team will not use it to contact you.

If you want to talk to someone, call Xbox Support at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX.  As stated previously, however, they'll most likely direct you to here.

So, just to be clear:

DO NOT: Create a thread on the Xbox Canada Forums about your console ban. It will be promptly deleted/locked (for being OFF TOPIC) and repeat offenders will find themselves suspended from the forums.

DO: Visit the following links to ask questions or learn more about bans.

WHY HAVE I BEEN BANNED?
This is a very popular question. Let me break down some of the most popular reasons gamertags are banned or suspended from Xbox Live.
  • Attempting to extract account information from other players and/or attempts to use the Xbox LIVE service for commercial purposes
  • Asking for another player's login, password, or personally-identifiable information
  • Unauthorized Gamertag recovery
  • Offering to trade Xbox LIVE or in-game services for Microsoft Points or money
  • Using cheats/infections in an online multiplayer match
  • Altering the appearance of your Gamertag or avatar outside of the default parameters
  • Illegitimate gain of achievements or avatar awards
  • Application of watermarks or other special identifiers that were not legitimately granted
  • Unauthorized manipulation of in-game parameters
  • Attempting so sell gamertags
  • Marketplace theft

To help avoid future account suspensions/bans, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2018 Views 572 Applies to: