banned xbox and suspended xbox live account

I recently purchased an xbox from craigslist for my kids and it came with some games.  The xbox live account was suspended permanently and the xbox got banned. Now I’m out $100 for the Xbox and $108 for the Xbox live family membership. This makes no sense I tried calling Microsoft and they will not provide me with any detail. Please help me with this situation. I own 3 other Xbox consoles and never had any issues. I also have a brand new 2012 model and now I have to pay for a new membership. Please help me ratify this issue.

sorry forgot to add my name tag is (mod removed) and the email is (mod removed).. Even my email is hosted by microsoft office365

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there,

The only way to reach out to the enforcement team, is to post in THIS forum section. Bans are only handed out by the PET after a thorough investigation has taken place. It may also be wise to check your email address (associated with the gamer tag in question) as in most cases, you will of received correspondence about your ban. Check your Junk / Spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. If you see no email, then just simply wait for a response from the PET via the above forum link. You will not see your thread straight away, as all threads in that specific section are revised before they are published.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, I removed the personal information from your post.  The email would be able to be seen by the public and I didn't want to further your problems by people spamming you.  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should never buy a used console from a source like that, you never know what's been done to it, and the consequences that result from that.

You would need to deal with the person who sold it to you if you want your money back.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah if you buy a console that is banned MS will not un ban it Jamesr is right you have to take it up with the seller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Delete Credit Card on Xbox Live gold

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to weigh in here, the above posters are right. Console bans are permanent, and to rectify this you would have to take it up with your retailer. In terms of your account ban, you will have to follow the advice given in my first post. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CracklyCat73643"]I recently purchased an xbox from craigslist ...  The xbox .... xbox got banned. [/quote]

Please read the page about console bans carefully.

The most important paragraph I'll quote here for you:

[quote]

Can I still be banned if I purchased a modified console second-hand?

Yes. The warranty on a second hand console is void, and the purchaser assumes the risk for any previous modifications. If you purchase a console that has been previously suspended you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE.

[/quote]

So your only option is to contact the seller and have them return you your money.

As for your Account:

[quote user="CracklyCat73643"]The xbox live account was suspended permanently[/quote]

Did you try to re-use the sellers account, or did you create Accounts for yourself?

In any case, if you want to know more about the console ban, you need to contact the enforcement team in this console ban forum.

As for the account ban, you need to post in this forum for Account suspensions.

Sorry this didn't help.