Banned from Halo 3 Matchmaking Permanently!?

Hey I was playing Halo 3 this morning and then all of a sudden I got banned while playing on my brothers GT: Beastn Bman.  My main account is Nuttt Sacagawea.  I called Microsoft support and they told me that they couldn't do anything about it and that I should post here to get help.  They also said that if someone was permenantly banned is because they modified their xbox which I clearly did not.  I have the Xbox connect which looks impossible to open.  I do not know what I did wrong.  I have never altered/modified my xbox, never altered the connections, never cheated, or deranked.  You can look at the stats of my previous games and it will show that I do not "Derank" or any of that.  Yes I have quit out of games when the connection is horrible and is all red bar, or if my whole team is "AFK", or if my team is deranking, or if I was the only one on my team left.  I can send you my Xbox to prove that I did not do any modifications on it.  I've been playing this game for over 4 years and this is the 1st time that I have encountered a problem.  I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I am on the wireless connection and I am on 3 bars everytime I sign on.  In addition, we have 2 xbox 360's running most of the time at the same time because I have a brother who also plays except he is wired directly to the modem and I am in the basement on wireless.  Even if I did do something wrong, I didn't even get any warnings or anything, not even a temporary ban, but I got a permanent ban?.  My console ID is 017031979210.  I can login to xbox live fine and it doesn't say I'm banned from live.  Can someone help me please.  Thanks in advanced.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

If you are banned from playing just one game on XBL then you are not banned by Microsoft. Your issue is a game specific ban and needs to be taken up with the Game Developer, in this case that would be Bungie.

Go to the following for more information on Game-Specific Bans and Suspensions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cannot help you but comfort you and tell you you're not the only one.

This got to have something to do with XBL/Bungie Matchmaking problems. Last weeks during and before MM people just disappear and connections drop in a way not familiar with normal quitting. I guess some monitoring algorithm decodes these issues exceeding threshold for ban and your console is banned from matchmaking even if you did nothing to deserve it. Sorry!

My three sons have two Xbox 360 consoles and several profiles to themselves and their friends. When they multiplay they prefer to play Halo 3 but not anymore because this Monday and yesterday (Friday) both of the consoles are banned for poor connections.

Naturally, I've been blamed by my boys because I pay for Internet. So, already on Wednesday and Thursday after the first ban I did run tests and network monitoring in co-operation with my ISP tech reps and there is no problems in our connections. Actually, we've got excellent ping and jitter to all over Europe and no detected packet-loss at all and Interleaving is set on fastest mode on behalf of ISP. Nor are there any interference in our home network according to the telephone company's technician and the consoles are directly connected to modem NAT opened. All other network appliances and games except Halo 3 works with great speed and without any problems so I'm 99% positive this is not on our connections.

I've also asked my oldest son to ask his gamer-friends as well as gamers during gameplay if they have recently experienced lots more dropping connections than before. Most of the gamers asked the answer received is "Yes"

Could it be more traffic during the holiday season or is there "holiday" on XBL/Bungie maintenance? I don't know but some kind of problem there is in Matchmaking that didn't exist before.

For me it's very good if  the consoles are banned forever. I save a lot of money per year and I don't have to hear gaming sounds all the time.:-)

Seriously, I think the system is poorly designed because it gives no advice, no warning, no feedback, no nothing to the user himself who's the only one who could prevent the reason for a ban. It only prompts you the outcome. Like a Russian policeman:-) Hilariously stupid usability and a pretty arrogant attitude towards people who in the end pay for their salaries.

Have a nice summer!

Sorry this didn't help.

Accounts would only be banned from matchmaking if there was a breach of Bungie's terms of use. Neither Bungie's terms of use or rules say you will be banned permanently for quitting or having a horrible internet. Quitting results in temporary bans lasting minutes from matchmaking (Only for Reach unless this has been extended to H3) and horrible internet is ignored completely.

Sorry this didn't help.