banned for no reason

hi i was told to leave a msg on this forum by ms last night after work i turned my console on and got a msg saying i was banned this came as a shock as i only play 1 game and thats forza and after 3 years of no problems with my live account i find my console is banned i havnt recived any e-mail or nothing all i did was play the game and stuck to the rules i msg,d turn10 and ms 4 days ago about me recieving harrasing msgs off ppl demanding my cars and credits on forza and only after i refused every item ive put up for sale has been put under review and now my whole console is banned and the guy on the phone all he could say is ms must have evidence that ive broke the termsand conditions. how can that be i have not done anything other than race a car around a track can somone please give me some info as i shouldnt have to go out and buy another x-box just because i can play 1 game well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

My stepson just got online today and found his console had been banned... terms and conditions violations and there is no recourse!

However, his console was bought several years ago from a reputable retailer, so unmoddified with an intact warranty sticker, only plays games bought from reputable retailers, and yet he is banned. I'm almost scared to turn on my console just in case I get the same treatment!

Do Microsoft often get it wrong? Because they have this time!

How do I get this ludicrous decision reversed?

Many thanks,

Iain

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree, modifying doesn't necessarily mean to do wrong. But our's has not been modified in any way shape or form. Any game lobbies are the ones the game takes us too, game saves are as the game itself dictates. What we do with that console is only what is intended and within the ToC's.

They have form for getting it wrong, and they have in this case, too.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd like to point you guys to this: forums.xbox.com/.../353448.aspx. Console bans are irrefutable and will not be over turned. You guys are saying that there's absolutely no cause for you guys to get banned but think about it, have you ever been in a game lobby where it's been "modified" in some way. Or have you modified game saves, your XBOX 360 in any way (opened it up to put your own hardware in there, your own hard drive, your own disc drive etc)? These are all parts of "console modification". Modification doesn't necessarily mean that you're using your console to do wrong but you've modified it in one way or another. It's not limited to just those reasons, so think about what you've been doing on XBOX Live and doing with your XBOX console (regardless of when you purchased it)

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I've a funny feeling they'll be on BBC Watchdog next week, as well as being inundated with complaints and threats of legal action if that's their attitude. Just in time for Christmas, eh?

Sorry this didn't help.

All my friends have, but have they been banned, no?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned  consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Trying to get the issue brought up by a well known person on youtube with almost half a million subscribers, so should get some attention there aswell :D, but then again, I dont think Microsoft are any stranger to bad publicity

Sorry this didn't help.

when they do console bans, they generally do it in bulk, so the fact that there are a lot of people banned today, just means that it's a normal console ban wave.

Sorry this didn't help.

It cant be reversed, as apparently they are 100% right...Thats Microsoft for ya..

Sorry this didn't help.

Its most likely a microsoft *** up, due to the insane numbers of people who have been banned today, I would wait until monday before even considering buying a new xbox and see if they say anything.

Sorry this didn't help.