Ban in shared xbox

I share my xbox with my little brother, as he don't have a credit card, he can't buy things. I want to know if i buy games for him with my gametag and he plays (on live orget achievment) will either of us get banned?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

No you won't get banned. It's actually set up so as long as you're both using the same console and it's the same console that downloads the content, both accounts will have access to the content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Credit cards are not required to buy things on XBOX Live. You can use Microsoft Points. MS Points can be purchased in card format and are typically available for less than the cost of buying points on the Service.

When you buy content on the Marketplace, you get both a Console license and a Gamertag license. The Console license allows anyone, Silver or Gold, to use the content on that specific console. This is by design and will not result in a ban.

You should set up a gamertag for yourself and a gamertag for your brother. As long as you're using the same console, any content you buy on your gamertag can be used by his gamertag.

To play online, an account has to be Gold. Just as with MS Points, XBOX Live subscriptions are available via cards. No CC should be required. Microsoft is selling a Family Pack, which includes four individual Gold tags for $99.99/yr.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.