bad service

Xbox live service is getting worse there is always problems. New one started happening yesterday. Turn on my xbox and it cannot connect to xbox live automatically but works when i manually do it. However takes forever to login. Frequently yesterday while playing darksiders(offline content btw) i kept getting disconnected from xbox live. 

Today, browsing marketplace and its painfully slow things were taken forever to load, downloads being stuck at 1%, only wanted to install netflix. Well it wont work. Tried to look at darksiders avatar items. it took 5 minutes to load two images then boom disconnected from xbox live - does not sound like an issue on my end. That sound like there servers are running at max and are kicking afer timeouts on downloading.

I can confirm my connection uptime is over 50hrs without disconnection to the tinternet. No unsync issues their.

NAT is OPEN

restarted router, switched router. ( tested ping etc all normal. ping is just under 30ms to nearby servers)

Checked with TalkTalk ISP and everything is fine with the xbox live service on their end.

Switched to a different xbox with different account and i yield same results.

I come to the conclusion that their is no fault on my end once again. Sick of the xbox live issues. I expect the issues from PSN but you have millions of users paying £40 a year and the margins your making in the marketplace is huge......don't know why i write this thread. Slightly pointless but nevertheless...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Delta - thank you for your post. I can certainly understand the frustration with those issues! However, the good news is that there is no indication of any issue with the LIVE service, and we have not received these reports from other users - so that means this is something we should be able to resolve for you by just doing some troubleshooting, if you are willing to do so? Just to be clear, NAT would have no effect on the issue you are mentioning, but connection speed (not necessarily ping) certainly would. Could you run a test from speedtest.net and let us know the results? Preferably when you are noticing the issue, so that we can have an accurate idea of actual speeds when this occurs. Thank you! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry late reply,

Just logged into live today to receive a message about some content is not available temporary or something. Had that 2 days ago also. It doesnt go away with time or restarting xbox.

This is my speedtest

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1894742375.png]

I have high attenuation on my line. Though in under two months i believe fibre optic will be installed for my exchange/cabinet. Will be a nice 40mb/s to play around with.

Just to add, this connection is stable. I can get around 3Mb/s but was an unstable connection so i switched from 6db fast-path to 9db interleaved i believe.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Delta! Thanks for the reply. Looking at those speeds, I would think that this is the cause of your issues (slowness, disconnects, downloading). Are any other devices sharing this network with the Xbox console? If so, try removing them from the network and trying your downloads again. Also, you can take a look here (support.xbox.com/.../performance) for more tips on boosting your connection speeds. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for replying, sorry for the late response though.

I'm still receiving the "some content is not available temporary" or along the lines of that. I have been a member of xbox live for nearly 5 years. The speeds have rarely changed. The issues have only started appearing recently. There are other devices on the network, i have tried playing on non peak hours with only I on the network. The switching of routers did not make a difference.

I'm starting to think it could be the Xbox. I have moved it and that's were the issues started. Its directly above the router but on an above floor. The wireless connection has 3 of the 4 bars however.? I'm not sure how to solve the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Delta! To confirm that these issues occur only when the Xbox 360 console is not in the same room as your router could you, as a test, try a wired connection? And also test a wireless connection with the console in the same room as your router?

Sorry this didn't help.