Bad News

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/29/us-microsoft-sony-poll-idUSBRE98S08C20130929

[quote](Reuters) - More U.S. shoppers prefer Sony Corp's upcoming PlayStation 4 than Microsoft Corp's Xbox One, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll, as the industry's two leading videogame console makers prepare to do battle this holiday season.

Asked about their interest in dedicated game devices, 26 percent of 1,297 people surveyed online last week say they are likely to purchase the new PlayStation 4 when available, versus 15 percent opting for the Xbox One.

The rift widens among those below the age of 40. Of that group of 408 people, 41 percent picked Sony's PS4 versus 27 percent for Microsoft's Xbox One, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted from Sept 23 to Sept 27.[/quote]

If they get rid of the spy camera gimmick and drop a hundy they should be back in the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

LOL a poll who cares....Pre sales are doing well enough for xbox one to be a success.  Can't be a spy cam btw if you can unplug it.

As long as I have an XB1.. there are games to play.... and all othe other bells and whistles it will have.. I could care less that  PS4 sold a million more units....

Thats like saying.... I watch Sons Of Anarchy...   BUT OMG  2 Million more people watched Breaking Bad...

Only 1,297 people were surveyed? What a laugh...

Bad news for some......good news for others......

Yeah that's why I am purchasing two XBOX ONE. As of about a week ago I decided to keep my Microsoft and Game Stop preorders.

You should care which ever console sells more most likely will come the leading console to develop on.

the price point alone means the PS4 will out sell the Xbox One, doesnt affect me since I dont make a penny off console sales. As long as developers make great games for the Xbox One I am good.

Yeah i dont own shares in Sony or MS so i dont care.

How the hell is this bad news? I hate posts like this. If you don't like something about the X1 then don't buy it! Stop worrying about what other people are doing, look at the consoles and figure out which one you like better, and buy that one.

Just based on how well the PS3 did with all of its flaws, I completely expect the PS4 to do better than the X1 in the short game. Let's face it, the X1 could be twice as powerful and people will still flock to the PS4 as long as Sony doesn't completely screw up(like bad hardware).

---

The real battle will be in the games arena, it'll be games like Titanfall that will make X1's fly off the shelf. Or lack of games that will cause it to die. But I'm not worried because MS does have more resources to keep great games coming.