Bad Journalism?

Hey, guys.  I was reading an article HERE over at Teamxbox.com.  And it's an obvious article about new DLC being released for Dance Central 2. 

Now I'm all for people having an opinion, and to each his own.  But in that article, the journalist gave the bit of news about the DLC, and continues to talk about the Kinect in a negative way.  I have no problem with the man not liking the device, but I do think he shouldn't go on past the point of the article to talk down on the Hardware.

That just didn't feel right. 

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your absolutely NOT wrong about feeling that way. Unfortunately, with rules like freedom of speech and the old "everyone has a right to their opinion"  we often have to come across people that abuse the privilage and run things into the ground.  As much as some journalists cross the line and express lopsided biasness, it just makes the rest look bad.  I'd say if there asking for posts at the bottom like most column pages nowadays, I'd say let em' have it! :) Cheers!

I'm confused OP: what bad journalism are you referencing?

His capital word HERE in his first sentance is a hyper link to what he's referencing! :)

Cheers !

Sorry about that.  here's a url in case others aren't aware of hyper links.

news.teamxbox.com/.../Busta-Rhymes-Featured-In-New-Dance-Central-DLC

and thanks for your comment SBVIPER.

I don't see what the problem is. Bad journalism? Hardly.

I could be wrong, but I always thought bad journalism was to misinform, disinform or spam and straight out lie. He gave facts about some dlc and the price etc. The fact that a had a few digs about the Kinect is hardly bad journalism in my book.

The way I see it is if I want that dlc and I love my Kinect, I couldn't care less what some writer thinks.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

TRUE journalism offers NO opinions - just facts.  

-

Walter Cronkite was the master.  

Exactly, Frag Monger.  That's how I felt.  

However I also think since the article is about DLC being released, he shouldn't be near his thoughts about the hardware. Stick to what the article's about, and save his personal opinion of the hardware for a blog, or a forum comment.

Well, you also have to consider that the article is written by a person going by the name "Sparky".

lol

[quote user="Frag Monger"]

TRUE journalism offers NO opinions - just facts.  

-

Walter Cronkite was the master.  

[/quote]
I would hardly call reviews of video games, "journalism", IMHO. (But that's just my P.O.V.)