Bad ethernet port?

I recently moved states for a new job, and when I went to hard wire my xbox to the internet modem, xbox live was saying there was no connection.  Are there any settings on the xbox or internet I can change and try?  Or is it possible the port in the xbox went bad?  So far I have tried a different ethernet cord, different outlets in the internet modem and tried plugging directly into the wall.  My service provider took a look and they said there are no issues on there end.  Any other ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Have you tested the connection using a different device, such as a laptop? If it works on a different device using the same port and ethernet cable then it most likely has something to do with the Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, plugged in the blue ray player and updated it.  Must be the xbox.  Best bet to send to Microsoft for $100 out of warranty re-pair?  Suggestions...

Sorry this didn't help.

It's possible the port went bad due to some sort of an electric surge or something of the sort. I believe your only two options would be to either go wireless (get a wireless adapter of some sort if your console doesn't already have built in WiFi), or send the console in for repair, which can be done here.

Sorry this didn't help.