backwards compatibility

So I am super stoked about the release of the xbox one microsft finally coming out with a system that handles everything in your entertainment center needs except one the thousands of dollars worth of xbox 360 games stacked up on the shelf, sure some you haven't played in awhile others you have beaten several times looking for little things you missed to grab that elusive achievement and some are just plain fun at 2am after a long night of drinking.

   I understand the xbox one has new architecture and sure being able to play older games probably wasn't on the forefront of designing the new xbox, but shouldn't it have been at least a thought? I guess your only option is to hold onto your 360 for those games in a way defeating the purpose of the new xbox one (to bring all your entertainment needs to one place) or just scrap them on cragslist or get robbed at gamestop for a fraction of what they are worth. I don't know i think at least the ability to digitally download your library to the new xbox cloud without having to re-buy favorites would make up for the feeling of money tossed out the window.

 

Discussion Info


Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe it was a thought. To me the best thought process is "what hardware do we need to achieve our main objectives ie next gen objectives". Can we do that and maintain bc? If no so be it because the future is more important than the past.

[quote user="Venoms Envy"]but shouldn't it have been at least a thought?[/quote]It was a thought. Microsoft has stated less than 5% of 360 owners have used BC.[quote]I guess your only option is to hold onto your 360 for those games in a way defeating the purpose of the new xbox one[/quote]Maybe for 5% of people. The other 95% don't care.[quote]I don't know i think at least the ability to digitally download your library to the new xbox cloud without having to re-buy favorites would make up for the feeling of money tossed out the window.[/quote]I don't see masses of Sony fans whining that their huge "investment" in PS2 titles was a waste, or complaining about buying "HD" remakes of titles they own.

 

The reality is that very few people use BC.

speak for yourself... I used bc for halo 2 and crimson skies a lot until they  turned off the servers for those

I am keeping my 360 so I can retro game in two years time and feel cool  : )

I keeping my 360 too. I like it a lot. I still have a massive amount of friends who ain't getting the xbox one till spring next year. Still wanna join them every so often. And South Park will one day arrive and for me that's reason enough to keep my 360.

 your 360 will not get mad at you and break up with you if you bring home and XB1 to play with... you want nostalgia.. plug the 360 back in and play your games...

Perhaps not, but your 360 will break eventually...I don't see why I will have to continue to repair it everytime to play 360 titles when they could just play on the "new" console.

The problem with backwards compatibility is that everyone buying first time would buy an Xbox One because it played both games. If everyone did that, there would be no reason to make Xbox360 games any more, which would be a flip off to those who decided not to upgrade.

I can understand that. I guess I'm in that 5% because I still pull out gears of war games and any of the assassin creed games I still enjoy playing because the games are so vast you can never get everything done in it and always something new to discover. But I agree have to look forward with technology.

And as we all saw when 360 released they had what five games? Now have over 1000 titles just saying I would be more open to snagging one on release day if I could play my current library as well. Now I think I'll wait till it's convenient. Hopefully the azura cloud will solve the bc issue.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.