Background Downloads not working

Hey Background Downloads aren't working for me anymore :(

i'm downloading forza 4 & battlefield 3 beta and i thought it might take a while so i turned on background downloads, turned my 360 off and waited a minute or 2. It stayed on for a few seconds and then turned off.

I have the arcade console with a wireless N adapter. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I have background downloads enabled and if i press the off button twice it turns the console fully off. However if i press it once it does the background downloads.

Also make sure you have an item in the download queue (downloading).

I think you have to leave your console on.

I thought background downloads was for when you were playing a game that didnt require the internet so the downloads carry on whilst your'e playing a SP game.

I found that once I had turned background downloads on, I had to turn machine off, then on again.  After that, when I had something to download, it worked fine when I shut the machine down.

[quote user="EXPIRED Z0MBIE"]

I think you have to leave your console on.

I thought background downloads was for when you were playing a game that didnt require the internet so the downloads carry on whilst your'e playing a SP game.

[/quote]

That's not the case!

Back ground downloading put your 360 into semi standby mode and downloads the stuff on you list.

The power lige on the front will flash  intermeidetly (spelling) showing it is downloading. Once it has done downloading it will turn itself off.

You turn BG downloading in the console settings.

WHy it is not working for the OP i do not know.