Awful Business Plan?!?

I'm recently unemployed so obviously my budgetary priorities have changed. Yet I'm such of fan of Online FPS renewing my Xbox360 Gold account squeezed its way on the list. I found a 12 month live account card for $39.99! I was thrilled but decided to call Xbox out of loyalty. I figure why let target.com make a profit, when I can help Xbox out, especially since they've helped me with a reduced price on 12 month + 2 month card for a really great price. So I call 18004myxbox and had to sit on hold for 30 minutes, but like I said trying to be a loyal customer. When I finally got a rep on the phone he told me to use Amazon because of their great deals. I'm blow away, refuse an immediate sale and pass it off to a Middle Man? I was so awestruck my immediate thought was do I really want to stay with a company that does business like that?!?!? Maybe its time to re-get used to a Playstation controller because this is pure lunacy! Realizing this was just a, hopefully, a mistake on the part of the rep I'm lettin yall know.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

hello there

i hope its a mistake too. but in a way he is somewhat not wrong. amazon is a global network for buying stuff online with great deals. not to say xbox doesnt but if there isnt any they would direct you to amazon

xbox support wasnt trying to be rude or anything :) they just simply try to help you with anything possible in their own power, please dont take it the wrong way. as xbox comes with many great deals everywhere

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could be that Xbox has had previous issues with their product at chain stores such as Target and Wal-Mart and have had better luck at Amazon. Then again, it could be that particular representative who has had better luck with deals on Amazon. Buy your Xbox items wherever you feel most comfortable to your liking and to your budget. Hope you stay with Xbox!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, sounds like a weird exchange. But this post should be in a general discussion forum forums.xbox.com/.../2176.aspx  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not understanding why it's a problem to buy it from a site like Amazon...seriously. Everyone knows Microsoft won't price match.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi folks. If you are concerned about where your cash money is going, rest assured, even if you buy it from Amazon or another retailer, we still get your money. :D I can see why you may be surprised that the rep passed off an immediate sale, but it seems like the rep was just trying to help you out, by pointing you towards the best deal.

It's like if you went in to a brick and mortar retailer, looking for a product they make, but they say you can get a better deal up the street from one of their retail partners, wouldn't you appreciate that? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Not the full amount obviously; a minor in or even a book on economics might be worth looking into. If every penny is not valued how do you expect to reach your pinnacle. Your sophmoric attempt at humor was quite classy though. Good luck!!

Sorry this didn't help.