Since there is no actual Avatar Store on the Xbox One (at least not at the start of this thread) yet, I simply wanted to ask you guys for some ideas on what you would like to see in the Avatar Store if it ever does actually come - it can be anything related to the Xbox One or its games, but must follow all of the typical categories (shirt, pants, hats, props, etc.).

For me, I would love to see some of the new Peggle 2 masters as props. Being able to ride Bjorn or see him poop rainbows would be awesome! =P

P.S. - Off-topic: what do you think of my new avatar gamer-pic? I never thought in a million years that they'd add ANOTHER "GG" t-shirt. It also happens to be my inspiration for this thread. =)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They should continue giving out  avatar rewards for certain if not all games when you unlock specific achievements. For the main dashboard, Microsoft should make backgrounds that move/animate like what was available in the PS3.

[quote user="TangentialShark"]

They should continue giving out  avatar rewards for certain if not all games when you unlock specific achievements. For the main dashboard, Microsoft should make backgrounds that move/animate like what was available in the PS3.

[/quote]A bit off-topic, because that's not exactly what I asked for, but it is a good idea (the avatar rewards, not so much the animated backgrounds - I imagine that could be distracting). In any case, since you mentioned the avatar rewards, what would you like to see as a particular avatar reward from the Xbox One games (that should bring us right back to square one & back to being on-topic)? =P

The avatar awards in Xbox 360 were a great incentive for trying to get achievements IMO. Everything from unlocking the portal gun from Portal 2 all the way to character masks from Halo Reach. Maybe some special limited edition avatar awards can be given out for completing the weekly challenge type achievements found in the Xbox One.

[quote user="TangentialShark"]

The avatar awards in Xbox 360 were a great incentive for trying to get achievements IMO. Everything from unlocking the portal gun from Portal 2 all the way to character masks from Halo Reach. Maybe some special limited edition avatar awards can be given out for completing the weekly challenge type achievements found in the Xbox One.

[/quote]Another great idea (with the weekly challenges), but you're still off-topic buddy - you still haven't answered my question. ;)

Actually, never mind - I think this was MY fault. What I should've asked was if you had any good ideas for avatar ITEMS in the Avatar Store if it was ever to make its way to the Xbox One. Sorry for the confusion - my bad!

=|

Perhaps the inclusion of brand new Avatar items such as sports cars from the Forza games that our avatars can actually get inside of and drive. How about the ability to but homes for our avatars and have special rooms where we can gaze upon the mountains of items at our disposal.

That would be a lot of cars - I imagine that MS would have to get permission from the car manufacturers to do that. I do like your idea about the virtual trophy case, not so much the homes. Then again, it might still be a bit much...

Anyone else?

No? Well, okay then...

The avatars aren't as prominent on the One as they were on the 360 so I think it's killed a lot of the appeal they had on the 360.

The first thing I'd like to see is them get pushed back to the frontlines. It was a feature I originally found useless ( Wii-ish if that's a word ) and a few years later I was buying a new costume every Halloween. Until 5 minutes ago I had no idea how to even see my friends avatars on the One.