Avatar & Gamerscore lost after XBL update!

There was a recent update I had to download today for XBL. Done it before, no problem. After it was done I turned off my Xbox so it could cool down,; I've been playing a little too much Rainbow 6: Vegas.

A little while later I turn it on and pop in Kinect Adventures and I'm quickly greeted with a message that informed me that the game required an update and that I would need to restart my Xbox before anything could proceed. Another update, odd I thought but, maybe I just have to go through another update before I can play.

Well, I restart the Xbox download the update and then I notice that my profile has been erased, my avatar is that blank/grey template and my gamerscore is 0 (or about 29,000 less than it should be)! Panic ensues, I try to recover my gamertag only to be stopped halfway through that download with a message that told me  that the sign up isn't available at that time. So, I try clearing my cache, restarting the Xbox again, and recovering the gamertag again. All to no effect.

What the hell just happened to my gamertag, my gamerscore? Was it the updates? Why can't I recover my gamertag?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

And, as you'll notice, this hasn't yet effected my gamertag on XB.com just on my Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try deleting your profile (just the profile NOT THE SAVES/CONTENT) from the console, clearing the cache, restarting the console, then recovering it again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.