Autorenewal Gold extensions

Hey, so say I have 14 days left on my account, of XBL gold of course, then I add a 12 month code to my account, will it auto-renew off my card every month still?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you still have 14 days of Xbox Live gold on your account and you redeem a 12 month Xbox Live gold code then you will NOT be billed even if you have auo renew on. You will only be billed if you have auto renew on and do not have any Xbox Live gold time left on your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you add a 12 month prepaid code to you account you will have 12 months + 14 days of XBL gold. After that it will charge your card again on the one month auto-renewal. If you want to turn off the auto-renew call customer support and have them turn it off. It's a simple, five minute phone call most days.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xKaikz"]Hey, so say I have 14 days left on my account, of XBL gold of course, then I add a 12 month code to my account, will it auto-renew off my card every month still?[/quote]

As stated by GrubbiestEmu, the auto-renew will happen after your 12 month code membership expires. (That can be bad if your credit/debit card on file expires in the meantime, as you'll now have a billing issue and get suspended until you pay off the renewal bill.) So what you can do is call Support to turn off auto-renewal, wait the 14 days until your Gold expires, remove your payment card from your temporarily-Free/ Silver account, and then add the 12 month code to your profile to "go Gold" again. That way, auto-renewal worries will no longer trouble you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Would a 12 month code add onto the 11 months already on my account if I wanted to add it?

Sorry this didn't help.

no. you have to wait till it expires to get the full 12 months. just hold onto the card. personally though, i would use it now. its just a month. $5 isnt much of a waste. i would do this only cuz the longer the card is active, the more chance there is to a code generator coming up with that code and someone highjacking it.

Sorry this didn't help.