Automatic updates while gaming...

Had a mandatory Xbox live update when I was playing ARK. This update took twice as long as they usually do, so obviously I start panicking. When it finally updated I was killed and lost hours worth of work because of this terribly timed mess. Just like Windows giving you 15 minutes before they kick you off your own PC without permission. Why can't they simply send out a ten minute notification before you get pushed offline?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about the setback, I have been there, you can change your update settings to prevent this by setting your console to instant-on mode, Available updates will be downloaded and installed during off-hours when your console is not in use. Here is a support page that goes over all of this and will help you bake the best decision on how you want these to be applied: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-overview . There is also a guide to follow in the article about how to manually update if that is what you prefer. I hope this helps and prevents you from a major set back again.