Automatic Renewal Error...

Alright, I'm already pretty sure why I cannot cancel my auto renewal over the website (I get an "error", like everyone else except for the select few states that require it to be on your website)...  This is to ensure that I have to wait on hold for 30 minutes and answer a lot of questions, then have a representative try to make me a "special offer" over the phone before I can finally stop payment.

So after already burning through 5 Box's due to RROD and finally a box made past their warranty period I decided it was enough.  I'm tired of calling Xbox...  I've never had this much difficulty in dealing with a company in my life.  Microsoft is making EA look like Valve as far as decent business practices go.

This is an absolutely dirty business practice and I feel truly mistreated as a long time customer.  I've bought 2 Box's due to them breaking at an alarming rate, I've had 2 Box's eat 2 of my games and destroy them...  (Without compensation of course) and now I'm being held hostage just so they can make it an extreme pain in order for them to stop charging for a service that I no longer use.

This is utterly ridiculous...  I will NOT be buying the next generation XBox or any affiliated item in the future.  Keep this up Microsoft and in the future a majority of your customers will head down the same path that I am.

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow, (because of course your calling center is closed) and finally being done with you.

Yours Truly,

PedroTheGoat

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. The Automatic Renewal button on the website should be functional for all - we're not seeing widespread reports of it not working correctly. We can assure you that it is not designed to not work - it certainly should. We can help you - can you take a screen pic of the error you receive? Also, have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your kind answer.  Just to make sure that it was "not designed to fail" I had three different friends from 3 different states attempt to cancel their Auto-Renewal...

Didn't work for them either.

I will give you this...  The wait time to get to a representative and shut off Auto-Renewal was only 10 minutes.  So I was exaggerating on that.

And yes, I cleared cookies, cache, switched to IE just to make sure.

Google: Xbox live can't cancel auto renewal and see how many hits it brings up IN YOUR OWN FORUMS then hit me back and tell me that it is not designed to fail. I just went through 10 pages of Google hits just in these forums...  I gave up after 10 pages so there are many more.

I'm sorry to be irate.  I just can not wrap my head around some of the stuff M$ pulls at times.  I guess with Sony floundering and Nintendo being just a gimmick M$ can pretty much do what they want now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.