Automatic Renew Message on XBox Console

I had a message come across my XBox which asked me if i wanted my subscription to auto renew and selected "no" and my account auto renewed anyway.  When I called Xbox, they told me that the only way to cancel auto renew is to call XBox.  Well I did read the terms and they did explain about the auto renew, but why did the Xbox ask me if I wanted to cancel my auto renew and then not cancel it?  I think this is very misleading.  Did I read this message right, was it asking if I wanted to cancel auto renew?  Or was I mistaken?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't believe what you had on your screen was a message asking if you wanted to turn of auto renewal because as Xbox support told you the only way to turn off auto renewal is to contact them by phone. If you are looking for the Auto Renewal section of the TOU it is in section 6.4 I hope this helped.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This same thing happened to me. It definitely asked me if I wanted to auto-renew. I said no, and yet here I am with an auto renew message in my inbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it has something to do with consoles that have been repaired. If your console went in to be fixed they would send out a refurbished one that has been reset to factory settings. If this console was from another country there is a possibility that the place the console is from had the option to manage their renewal this way. I would ring in and contest the charge. I have seen the message and unfortunatly it is missleading. Its just one of those weird glitches. Support are great and should get you to a place that you will be happy with.

Sorry this didn't help.