Auto Sign-in Not Automatic

I'm continuing to have an issue with auto sign-in not working that I presumed would be fixed with the public release of the new dashboard.  I am still having to select a profile to sign-in with even though my xbox is set up to auto sign in on my gold account.  Is this issue going to be fixed?  I am a gold member in good standing with a wired connection.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello,

Try this...

1. Turn the console off and on.
  2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.

3. To clear the system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
---
Download your Xbox LIVE profile

You might want to download your Xbox LIVE gamer profile in the following situations:

• You want to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
  • You have a Zune, Games for Windows, or Windows 8 Microsoft account (download your existing account instead of creating a new account).
  • You accidentally deleted your Xbox LIVE gamertag from your console.

You can download your Xbox LIVE gamertag to any console. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

1. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account or password.

Note “Microsoft account” is the new name for what used to be called “Windows Live ID.” It’s the email address and password you use to sign in to Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE). Find out more.

2. Now, enter your Microsoft account password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.

3. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Microsoft account password to sign into your profile.

Remember Password option

The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Leave the Remember Password unchecked (off), if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your profile on this console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.