Auto Sign-in No Longer Works

I've had my xbox for years, I never had a problem auto signing in. I noticed the problem after the last update but every once in a while it would auto-log me in. Over the past month however the box refuses to auto-log me in. I've got 3 accounts on my box, only one of which has a Gold membership and Live feature. Why has my xbox stopped auto logging me in and how do I get it back? I've been taken to a log in screen where my profiles are lined up next to each other and I have to select my profile, then select log in. What the heck has happened? This is very annoying and I would like my auto log-in to go back to the way it was for several years, not to its current state over the past month.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="DarthNO2"]Why has my xbox stopped auto logging me in[/quote]Makes it too easy to gain unauthorized access to an account.[quote]and how do I get it back?[/quote]Try going to Settings, Profile, Sign-In Preferences. From there you can enable auto sign-in for the currently active profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have auto log-in enabled for this only xbox live account on the box. the other 2 profiles aren't live enabled, i've checked them and they do not have auto log-in enabled.

am i really not able to auto log-in because they are afraid of unauthorized log-ins? then why isn't this a problem with all boxes? i was at my brother's earlier yesterday, he's got 4 live enabled accounts on his box but his account auto log-ins no problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Darth! Have you recently changed your password? Also - can you try redownloading your profile? The auto-sign in feature should still be working as intended. We'll try and get it sorted for you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, I've never changed my password and what do you mean redownload my profile? It's never been anywhere except my xbox. How would I do something like that?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DarthNO2"]

Nope, I've never changed my password and what do you mean redownload my profile? It's never been anywhere except my xbox. How would I do something like that?

[/quote]You would do something like that by going to your memory and erasing YOUR profile. Then doing a profile recovery You see this option right were you sign in. All you need to know is your gamertag and you Windows Live ID. Then it will put your gamertag back on the 360 and hopefully auto log on should work just fine!!!! This works a lot of the time. 

Sorry this didn't help.

^^^^^ Also are you getting any kind of error code?

Sorry this didn't help.