Auto Renewal/Deactivated Credit Card

Hi,

Back in January, I got an email that said "This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to Gold – 12 Month. This renewal goes into effect on Monday, January 23, 2012"

Problem is, I got a new credit card since then, and I think they tried to access my old card, which had since been deactivated, so come February 7, I got an email saying they were unable to charge my credit card. Which, I was fine with. I was busy with school work, and I didn't want the LIVE status at the time. The email said "To avoid an interruption of your services or to reactivate suspended service(s), please provide a valid credit card and a current expiration date." So I figured, well, my service will end, and I am okay with that. No need to update card info.

April rolls around, and I get an email.. "This mail is confirmation that your subscription to Gold – 12 Month has been cancelled on Thursday, April 05, 2012. " to which I thought, okay, fine, that's what I was expecting. No problems here.

Well, come summer time, I decide to check up on things, and I have a balance of $63 on my account now. Why is this? I realize they tried to bill me and failed, but its not as if I am receiving 12 months of LIVE. In order to owe money, I would have to get/have something in return, right?

Also, if I want to get LIVE once again, and I pay off this $63 balance, what happens then? Will I get the 12 months of LIVE from the day I pay? or will I just pay the $63 and have nothing in return? (which would be ridiculous.)

What are my options here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey Dudeinatunic,  sorry to hear about your subscription issues.   You will have to check you billing information and charges here on xbox.com and see if there's something you can do electronically.  If there are no more options available to you due to the length of time then you'll have to call in to customer support for more options.  That's a really long time to go without checking your billing ,  I hope you can work it out online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suggest calling Xbox Support, us normal users can't help with billing issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

call support in your region

Sorry this didn't help.

Contact billing support for your region. If you pay the balance they may provide you with the remainding time the was left on the Gold Subscription before it was suspended/canceled.

Sorry this didn't help.