Auto Renewal?

I put in two 12 month gold cards into my account, which should make my gold membership expire in January 2013, but it says Auto-Renewal is on and it will renew January 2012. Does this mean I will be charged $59.99?? Also, I changed the credit cards on my account since the  time I put in the codes.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you had a paid membership going, and you added pre-paid membership cards onto your account, the membership card will auto default as the primary membership. When they expire it will revert back to the paid membership. So yes, you have auto renewal on. As for why it shows that it renews earlier than it should is beyond me. I cannot see your account so I do not know if both of the membership cards were added to your account. If you have questions about that then contact MS support and ask them if they see both cards on your account.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

BomberMann, let me get into more detail, I messed up writing that question. So, this is what happened. I put in a pre-paid card code, which made my membership go from Jan. 2010 to Jan. 2011, between that time period (Jan, 2010 to Jan. 2011) I put in another code that extended my membership to Jan. 2012, then I bought another year of gold through the dashboard (it was $29.99, for a Halo Reach promotion or something like that), which should make my membership go to Jan. 2013 and now my account info says automatic renewal will occur on Jan. 2012. Can you help me out better now? :)

Sorry this didn't help.

ok lets see

so your current membership is prepaid current to 2012 will be listed as prepaid

and the promotional membership won't renew till 2012 for the period of 2013 so at that time you will be listed as promotional 12month membership

you can stack upto 3 years on a membership but each membership won't apply till the current or last membership is applied

your expiry date should be 2013

Sorry this didn't help.