Auto-Renewal.

A few months ago, I decided to use a credit card for a 1-month since mine had ran out at a bad time, though I did not know of the auto-renewal that kicks in by itself. I don't have complete access to the computer all the time, so I wasn't aware of the money being sucked out of my account. My account now has it's priveleges suspended until I pay it off it seems. I was wondering if I called them if they would somehow give back what I lost, for I do feel ripped off. Lost the equivalent of money I could have used to buy a year of live, or will it just be a useless call? If so, I'd rather not deal with it. Any and all help is welcomed, thanks for your time. n_n

PS. If I do not take off my credit card, will it still charge if I do not have money? It seems I was charged last month and am now in debt by $6.27 :C

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Whenever you purchase Live from Xbox it warns you that auto-renewal will be turned on. Since you approved the purchase you also approved the auto-renewal, so you won't be able to get a refund.

If you leave your card on, even without money, they will still attempt to charge you. They will then suspend your account until you pay off the balance from what they have tried to charge you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Dang, that really sucks :C. Guess I should pay more attention with these things. So, the only way to get this fixed is to call them and ask them to remove auto-renewal, then pay off this month that was charged?

Sorry this didn't help.

Right

Sorry this didn't help.

Haaa... That's quite troublesome, they should implement a on and off button for these things. Thanks for the help!

Sorry this didn't help.

No -- they shouldn't force you to agree to turning back on auto renewal when you elected to shut it off when purchasing content or a subsription extension.  That's like hold a gun to your avatar's head... "you want your avater to live past today?  agree to turn on auto renewal".  It's a money making process for Microsoft, that's a sure thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I remembered this from AOL...

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY]

Sorry this didn't help.

its not forcing you to turn it on

if you look at the purchasing screen

it says before you click purchase now

this membership will renew at this date

if you do not wish to do renewal don't click purchase now and skip the deal

the terms of use is clear about this

if you want a subscription or deals you aggree to their terms this is commonly used by WOW sony (Playstation Entertainment NETWORK ) and  lucasarts etc etc any subscription service

if you do not want subscription it is simple skip deals with free games and buy prepaid cards

Sorry this didn't help.

But there you have it.  Whether common practices or not, the 'deal' comes at a price.  The price is your acceptance of the terms and the terms including re-enabling auto renewal automatically as a condition of taking advantage of the deal.  Why the games?  Why not just offer "you can get xx for a limited time at yy price" and that's that... not, "you can get xx for a limited time at yy price... and (small print) autorenewal will be re-enabled even though we know you must've called in previously to request it be disabled".  You put the consumer in the position to have to (1) accept the deal and put it back on and (2) then call back in to take it off.  If they can call back in to take it off and that doesn't void the original 'deal' why make it a condition of the original deal in the first place!?

Sorry this didn't help.