Auto Renewal Crap

I've dealt with this issue in the past when I turned off my auto renewal and it was auto turned back on and my bank was over drafted!! Why should I even have to have a card to be a gold member it's complete BS. So it's been off and I asked customer service to make it remain off for good since I had to have a card on my account. Now, probably because I purchased MS points, It went auto back on and I have a mysterious charge on my account.

Why in the world do you make renewal cards when your just gonna turn auto renewal back on for people? It's completely STUPID and I'd expect more from Microsoft. Guess I'll have to make sure I NEVER purchase anything online and use ONLY cards for anything from now on because auto renewal can't stay off. How idiotic. Pretty much a scam if you ask me. Not to mention now I can't even turn it off from my settings online? I have to call? Wow, lol.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It is not a scam. If you have AR turned off and you decide to purchase live time or certain content it would be turned back on again. MS tells us in the product description of those items.

If you want to REMOVE your credit card from your account you can do so one of two ways:

1- turn off auto renew, don't purchase anything until your live time is up, then once your live time is up and your membership goes to silver, go to Account Management and remove the credit card. Now use pre-paid cards.

or

2- call support today and CANCEL your live membership. Then have them remove the credit card attached to your account. If you have more than 30 days left on your live time they will issue you a redeem code for the remaining time that you can then use on your account. Now in the future only use pre-paid for your live time and ms points.

Yes. To turn off or cancel auto renewal you MUST call support in your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.