Auto Renewal and different Email address!p

Right so I sign-in to Xbox Live via Xbox.com with my E-mail address. All fine and dandy, I want to turn off auto-renewal because I don't use Live that much anyways.

When I try I'm greeted with a page that say's "Help us protect your account. To continue, check your email and enter the code we just sent you."

Although the E-mail address is completely different to the one I used to sign-in. So I go to that E-mail, enter the code and then I'm signed into a completely different account which doesn't even have Xbox Live. I need to remove auto-renewal from my Xbox Live account using the first E-mail address, but can't because I'm greeted with that page!?

Also I tried just removing my credit card via the Xbox, but it keeps giving me the error:

Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE.

Please try again later.

Status code: 80153003

I know it's not due for renewal for another 2 months, so that's not the problem.

Anyone know why it's doing this? Because I'm getting very stressed with it and need to turn it off.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

In order to cancel your Xbox Live account or change auto renewal you have to call Xbox Support at 1-800-4my-xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I shall. But any idea why is it giving me a different e-mail address to my account. Because the second e-mail that it's presenting me with has nothing to do with my account?

Sorry this didn't help.

There can be three, or more, email addresses for an XBL account.

1) The Windows Live ID AKA Microsoft Account serves as a username for the Microsoft Account

2) The Billing Contact email is where XBL sends billing notices, renewal reminders, and other routine emails. It can be the same as...

3) The Alternate Email is where we send password reset messages, and that was defined when you created the Windows Live ID, beven even when you created your Xbox LIVE account. You must contact the Windows Live ID team since Xbox has no access to or control over the Alternate Email.

If you want to get in touch with the Windows Live ID team, then (unless you already have another Windows Live ID) go and create a new Windows Live ID at signup.live.com .

Sign in with the secondary Windows Live ID at account.live.com

Go to go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?=LinkID=242792">go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242792 and send a message to the Windows Live ID team.

Again, Xbox Live has no control over this; all of Microsoft uses the Windows Live ID system and they're the only folks who can help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, Vibroplex! It was the 3rd option you mentioned, turns out the 2nd e-mail was set up as a back-up for my password reset. I just removed it and was able to take off auto renewal, now I'm very happy! :D

Sorry this didn't help.