Auto login to xbox live

Since the update I am having an issue with the xbox logging in to xbox live automatically. When I boot the xbox360, it logs on with my xbox live account but fails to connect properly with xbox live. So I have to sign off, go to network settings and test connection and it connects fine to xbox live. I then sign in to the same xbox live account as was used on boot, and everything is fine. Its just annoying having to run the test connection every time. Since the update, I have changed the network settings to get my NAT open. I switched from DHS server to static IP for the xbox so the IP is different than before. I also set a static NAT for the xbox. So now I have a "open NAT" but the xbox will not sign on successfully to xboxlive by itself. Xbox is wired directly to router/modem. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can try two things

1. In the Xbox settings there is an option for automatic sign-in.  Make sure that is checked.  If it is already checked, then un-check it and let set that way for a while, then go back and enable it again.

2. Try using a "reserved" IP address in your router's DHCP settings, instead of a manual static IP.   Some routers work better when they control the IP address.   Your Xbox should be on fully automatic in its network settings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.